My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T questions and comments

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

I've recently purchased a 2000T to complement the 9300T and Foxsat HDR which are in another room. After my experience with the HDR I wasn't surprised that the UI of the 2000T is different yet again. Why Humax doesn't save costs and customer hassle by using the same UI for all its PVRs escapes me but anyway...

Deleting a recorded program on the 2000T is difficult: firstly, unlike on the 9300T and Foxsat one can't delete a program which is playing. The problem this causes is that it's impossible to be sure that the program one is about to delete is the intended one i.e. the one just watched. Compare the Foxsat, where the program being played has a green arrow in the guide and therefore it's easy to be sure of deleting the right one. Is there a method similar to this on the 2000T?

The Foxsat automatically deletes folders when the last file is deleted; the 2000T doesn't, thus cluttering up the media list with empty folders. Fortunately, unlike the Foxsat, it is possible to delete the folders manually but is there a way to have the 2000T do it automatically?

I didn't buy the 2000T for its network capability as I already have iPlayer on the TV and Foxsat and the customer firmware on the Foxsat. However, I see that on the 2000T to access any network feature - including iPlayer - one has to sign up for a Humax account and in doing so agree that Humax can monitor all your activity: what you watch, what you record etc. This is an appallling invasion of privacy and so I won't be connecting the 2000T to my network.

| Fri 22 Aug 2014 9:43:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Alan White - 1 hour ago  » 
    However, I see that on the 2000T to access any network feature - including iPlayer - one has to sign up for a Humax account and in doing so agree that Humax can monitor all your activity: what you watch, what you record etc.

I don't believe that you have to sign up for a Humax account to access services such as iPlayerand indeed currently you derive no benefit from such an account.

| Fri 22 Aug 2014 11:20:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Alan White - 1 hour ago  » 
    I didn't buy the 2000T for its network capability as I already have iPlayer on the TV and Foxsat and the customer firmware on the Foxsat. However, I see that on the 2000T to access any network feature - including iPlayer - one has to sign up for a Humax account and in doing so agree that Humax can monitor all your activity: what you watch, what you record etc. This is an appallling invasion of privacy and so I won't be connecting the 2000T to my network.

Targeted advertising is the name of the game. Are you quite sure your connected TV isn't quietly calling home?

Humax needs to be able to offer this kind of data, in order to attract VOD providers. Sky, Virgin, etc, have a huge advantage over Freeview because they have access to their customers' watching/recording behaviour. I hate ads as much as the next person but FTA TV does have to be paid for.

| Fri 22 Aug 2014 11:39:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

> Are you quite sure your connected TV isn't quietly calling home?
    Quite sure - I monitored its network traffic using Wireshark.

> FTA TV does have to be paid for.
    It is - by the TV licence and the adverts.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the answers to the UI questions.

| Fri 22 Aug 2014 11:43:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Alan White - 1 minute ago  » 
    > Are you quite sure your connected TV isn't quietly calling home?
    Quite sure - I monitored its network traffic using Wireshark.
    > FTA TV does have to be paid for.
    It is - by the TV licence and the adverts.

What make is your TV? Samsung's Privacy Policy is pretty clear (https://account.samsung.com/membership/pp) and has to be accepted on first use of the SmartHub.

For commercial FTA TV to be paid for by adverts, the broadcasters have to attract the advertisers. If they can't offer targeted advertising, that hands a huge advantage to e.g. Sky, BT, etc.

| Fri 22 Aug 2014 11:54:12 #5 |
  6. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

The UI of the HDR-2000T is just like that of the HD- and HDR-FOX T2. There is no automatic deletion (edit: see footnote), but the 'Opt+' button is your friend. Navigate to a programme with the up/down buttons, 'Opt+', then select 'delete' and 'OK'. It does not delete folders automatically, but if you are watching a programme in a folder and want to delete the folder too, when you press stop, rather than deleting the programme, press 'back' to go up a level, select the folder, 'Opt+' and select 'delete' etc.

Edit. Thinking about it, there is an autodelete option in one of the menus (on the HDR-FOX T2, so probably on the HDR-2000T too) but I have not used it and I don't know exactly how it works.

| Fri 22 Aug 2014 12:12:57 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.