My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T similar but different to the 1000s

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I was in a John Lewis store today with a bit of time to kill, so I had a play around with the Humax HDR 2000T. I was quite impressed with this little machine.

One thing that did strike me though was this. I own the Humax Freesat 1000s and whilst there are similarities in the way the two machines operate in the main they are completely different.

I suppose this is down to the UI and EPG being a Freesat creation whilst the 2000T is all Humax.

Owning the 2000T would be a whole new learning curve.

| Wed 5 Nov 2014 0:06:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I liked the search facility on the 2000T, and the EPG is certainly easier on the eyes, but on the whole I much prefer the 1000S as being (in my experience) more reliable. I took the 2000T back to JL.

| Wed 5 Nov 2014 10:54:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Out of interest what were the reliability issues with the 2000T?

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 18:31:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Failed recordings and problems with display of subtitles and display of the menu.

Most of the problems may well have been due simply to a faulty unit. But I wasn't sufficiently taken with the box to try again.

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 22:23:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

JamesB - 1 hour ago  » 
    Failed recordings and problems with display of subtitles and display of the menu.
    Most of the problems may well have been due simply to a faulty unit. But I wasn't sufficiently taken with the box to try again.

The subtitles issue really interests me as I love the fact that with the 1000s I just need to hit the sub button and subtitles are displayed whether it's live TV or a recorded programme.

I have a hearing difficulty so perhaps you could expand on the difficulties you experienced with subs e.g. are they there in a recorded programme if you hit the sub button etc.

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 23:45:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I have a hearing difficulty so perhaps you could expand on the difficulties you experienced with subs e.g. are they there in a recorded programme if you hit the sub button etc.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Very exasperating. But as I say, it may well have been a faulty box. If you buy from John Lewis or Richer Sounds, you should have no trouble returning it if you see this problem.

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 23:52:45 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.