My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T versus the 1000s for quality

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I own both the HDR 1000s and the 2000T and I can't help but wonder at the difference in these two products both made by the same company.

Now I may be completely mistaken and what I am talking about here is just a case of aesthetics. However, to my eye the 1000s seems to be an altogether better product.

Perhaps it's the plastic casing that gives this appearance against the plain metal of the 2000T. Without doubt though the 2000T is the noisiest PVR I have ever owned (and I have owned a few). When switched on you can always hear the HDD along with the platters bumping back and forth.

The 2000T works without any issue and does what it says on the tin but it's a product that as an owner you would find very hard to love.

What are the views of others?

| Thu 7 May 2015 9:46:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DougF

I have a 2000t and in my humble opinion it shows quite a lot of evidence of cut corners. Some I don't care about (e.g. no front panel display), others I do (poor HDMI handshaking).

I actually don't think the 2000t is noisy at all. My previous PVR was a Toppy which was much noisier.

Having said that the Toppy is still a great PVR (with MyStuff installed)
    even today, nearly 10 years on! I'm not sure I will be saying the same thing about the 2000t in 10 years time.

| Thu 7 May 2015 16:07:00 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.