My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T won't switch on when recording

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Senex Querulus

I recently replaced my aged 9200T with the HDR-2000T. When it is recording a pre-set programme on timer in standby mode with the red light showing it is not possible to switch the unit on to watch either the programme being recorded or a second programme. This occurs even when only one programme is being recorded. A power reset allows the unit to be switched on but the recording has then been stopped. Does this sound like a faulty unit or is this its expected behaviour?

Grateful for any help.

| Fri 9 May 2014 21:17:32 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Are you sure it is not turning on - the red led display hardly changes, although I find I can spot a slight difference in brightness, or is it a HDMI hand shake issue?

Try either switching TV input to another source then back to the 2000T or connecting via scart to identify where the problem lies.

| Fri 9 May 2014 23:04:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Senex Querulus

Thanks Barry.

I can now spot the difference between the red light on standby and the slightly brighter red when the unit is on and recording - so it is switching on. Switching the TV input to another source and back again enables it to recognise the 2000T and all is then good! Not sure whether this is an issue because I'm still using a good old CRT analogue television connected via scart but it's manageable until I move into the 21st century and buy a flatscreen TV.

| Mon 12 May 2014 21:52:21 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.