My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T wouldn't switch on normally this evening...

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

My 2000T has worked pretty reliably for the last 3 years.

However, earlier this week, I went to play a recorded programme and nothing happened for about 30 seconds and then it suddenly started playing normally.

This evening, it wouldn't switch on from standby. So I disconnected the power and rebooted it. It came on for about 15 seconds, displaying the Humax splash screen on the TV, and then reverted to standby mode. I simply couldn't get it to switch on at all (using both remote and front buttons). However, about 2-3 minutes later, the red light on the front changed to blue (all by itself) and, lo and behold, it was on and working again as normal.

Has anyone experienced the same or similar problem. Can anyone suggest any cause of this strange behaviour and, more importantly, any remedies please?

Many thanks.

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 22:43:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Looks as if I'm on my own with this freezing problem.

However, can anyone please tell me, if I try restoring factory defaults (without selecting the format disk option), will I lose all my recording programmes (or just settings)?

| Tue 18 Jul 2017 15:46:15 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just settings and recording schedule, not recorded programmes.

| Tue 18 Jul 2017 16:45:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Thanks Barry. Don't suppose you have any other suggestions for what could be causing this problem or potential solutions?

| Tue 18 Jul 2017 16:50:21 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Victor Delta - 1 hour ago  » 
    Looks as if I'm on my own with this freezing problem.
    However, can anyone please tell me, if I try restoring factory defaults (without selecting the format disk option), will I lose all my recording programmes (or just settings)?

I don't know this model but on other Humax models, disconnecting the power will cause the next boot to boot, set the clock and then power down to avoid missed recordings.

A power down, depending on mode, can take a few minutes while settings are saved to NVR / Disk.

| Tue 18 Jul 2017 17:47:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi

They do have a tendency to glitch and freeze functions every now and again like its overwhelmed with what you are asking it to do

All I can suggest is that you go through the cycle of powering off and rebooting it up.

Then you just keep your fingers crossed and be glad its working. If anyone has the two year guarantee than you can rely on that for a bit.

When it works it records and plays well. I had to diy lower a noise issue but I certainly dont feel I have a long lasting product and I think its the first thing on my tv shelf that will pack up before time. It wouldnt surprise me if it just failed to power on one day. Its been built to a price and something just isnt quite right in there

| Thu 20 Jul 2017 20:52:12 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.