My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

2000T/1TB

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sylviaf

My 2000T has just given me message that the HDD needs reformatting I have about 500GB+ of recordings, what can i do to save them

Ive been switching box off every night at plug as I thought that best, however reading messages here, I should leave it on all the time on standby.

Any suggestions as to how I get my recording back

I have just bought a dongle but have never used one before

Sylvia

| Mon 4 Dec 2017 18:42:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Copy them to a usb drive and after the format copy them back again. It will take a while

Welcome to our forum.

| Mon 4 Dec 2017 19:05:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sylviaf - 14 minutes ago  » 
    My 2000T

Firstly can I check that you do have an HDR-2000T because you have posted in the HDR-FOX T2 section of the Forum? I ask because it would be much easier to fix the problem if it was an HDR-FOX T2.

has just given me message that the HDD needs reformatting I have about 500GB+ of recordings, what can i do to save them
    Ive been switching box off every night at plug as I thought that best, however reading messages here, I should leave it on all the time on standby.

Were you putting it into standby, waiting for the drive to stop spinning and then turning it off or were you just turning it off. If you just turn it off then because the box is almost always recording for the time shift capability then you are seriously at risk of corrupting the file system; you are correct that putting it into standby is the way it is designed to operate and it uses less than 0.5W whilst in standby.

Any suggestions as to how I get my recording back

It depends what has happened. There are two main possibilities: either the logical file system is damaged which should be repairable but will require some technical knowledge or the hard drive itself has a physical which again might be repairable or might need a new hard drive. How old in the Humax and how important are the recordings?

I have just bought a dongle but have never used one before

Sadly I don't think that will help with this problem.

| Mon 4 Dec 2017 19:07:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hi welcome to our forum. Copy them to a usb drive and after the format copy them back again. It will take a while

How would you copy recordings to a USB drive if the box can't see its internal hard drive?

| Mon 4 Dec 2017 19:09:16 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

How would you copy recordings to a USB drive if the box can't see its internal hard drive?

The OP didn't say the message was permanent and that the recordings were totally unavailable.

| Mon 4 Dec 2017 19:12:27 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

sylviaf

I was just turning it off at the switch, thinking it would be ok. It is a 2000T 1 TB. I can't see my recordings to copy them unto USB.

I feel so stupid as I also have a HDR-FOX T2 (It's an all black shiny box), I think, which I bought a number of years ago and loved. Of course I was switching it off at the mains just the same. It's problem is that it started needing to take longer and longer to come on. It keeps on giving "Start System" and sometimes it takes maybe an hour or longer to come on. I'd given up on it and bought the T2000, but have just resurrected it. I obviously have been doing all the wrong things

Sylvia

| Mon 4 Dec 2017 23:16:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sylviaf - 17 hours ago  » 
    I was just turning it off at the switch, thinking it would be ok. It is a 2000T 1 TB. I can't see my recordings to copy them unto USB.

As it is a quiet time of year I would be prepared to have a look at your HDR-2000T free of charge if you are prepared to post it to me; send me a Private Message if you want to take up the offer.

| Tue 5 Dec 2017 16:18:58 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.