My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

3 digit code for Sony remote to control Foxsat HDR

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mylescdavis

This is my first post here.

I'm trying to get the remote for my Sony STR-DH820 receiver to control my Foxsat HD500. I've tried the remote codes for Humax listed in the Sony manual (846, 847), but those are listed as being for a satellite box, not the combination Foxsat box.

I can find lots of info on getting the Humax remote to control other stuff, but nothing on controlling the Foxsat with other remotes. Is this possible?

Thanks!

| Fri 24 Aug 2012 21:17:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

You could consider replacing ALL your remotes for a 'Harmony' made by Logitech. I use a 'Harmony One' to control my Humax and predominately Sony AV kit. It also works with my XBox360. The Harmony database has access to thousands of equipment IR codes and should you find something you have - not listed (very unlikely) it will self learn from the original remote as well. I had tried so called 'universal remotes' before and not been too impressed, but that all changed with the Harmony. I now wouldn't go back to using originals. The thing I like most about the Harmony is that you program it via the PC using the Logitech online database and the level of button customisation and 'Activity' based programming on the Harmony One is amazing.

PS- My Sony AV receiver amplifier works fine with the H1. And since the H1 has a LCD screen for 'soft' buttons as well as the pre-labelled 'hard' buttons. The 'soft' buttons cover the somewhat unusual functions required specifically by an AV amp. So having to remember button mapping to commands is not an issue.

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 9:51:28 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.