My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000T Full Length Film Recording Problem.

(6 posts)
  1. graham uk

graham uk

special member

4000T OS 1.01.57 Full Length Film Recording Problem.

Most films transmitted are split into 2 halves with possibly a NEWS break.
    Example ITV2 Saturday 14th JAN 21.00 - 23.00 Filmed named Wanted.
    4000T recorded the first 1 hour but failed to record the second part.

May be a fault on my part ?.

| Sun 15 Jan 2017 20:15:37 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Unfortunately due to the broadcasters not setting the correct id for the film. Best practice is to mark the first part and extend the end time past the end of the film.

| Sun 15 Jan 2017 20:39:46 #2 |
  3. graham uk

graham uk

special member

aldaweb. Appreciate your reply.
    Never extended the recording time...so not sure how to do it ?.

My old Digitech TV Recorder auto tags on the second half, and it was very easy to adjust the timing if required, only had this problem with my 4000T.

| Sun 15 Jan 2017 20:54:10 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's down to the broadcaster to correctly code a so called split event like a movie with a break in the middle. If they do not get it right, any Freeview box will get it wrong. Your old box had the correct split event codes from the broadcaster so got it right. Had you still got it it would have produced the same result.

Garbage In - Garbage Out.

If when you look at the epg the second part of the film is not identified as set for recording then edit the recording to extend the recording time enough to cover both events (convert to a manual recording).

| Sun 15 Jan 2017 21:38:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

graham uk - 1 hour ago <a
    My old Digitech TV Recorder auto tags on the second half, and it was very easy to adjust the timing if required, only had this problem with my 4000T.

The fvp4000t does as well, but obviously doesn't if the broadcaster sends the wrong information. I've not experienced this problem yet, but it does happen from time to time and particularly on channels that get other things wrong.

Double check that both times are marked for recording, if there's only one date and recording icon then the broadcaster has sent the wrong information in which case simply record the other half from the EPG. I must admit that I wouldn't notice one half missing and I wouldn't remember to check.

To extend go to schedule, find and highlight the offending programme, press the '+' for +edit icon and reschedule, easiest though would be to simply set the other half from the EPG. Alternatively simply cancel and set up a manual timer and I'd advise for the whole period including the news which you can FF/jump through as again the sort of channels that get this wrong are more likely to get the timing around the news/break wrong as well and all too often a bit gets missed.

| Sun 15 Jan 2017 23:01:32 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Checking the crid data for the next week on itv2 reveals a catalogue of errors.

Caveat, only checked freeview, and timings are for first part of film.

Tues 17th 2100 - crid OK, coded as a split
    Thur 19th 2100 - crid OK, ditto

Sat 21st 1410 - crid not correct, not coded as split
    Sat 21st 1555 - crid not correct, ditto
    Sat 21st 1745 - crid not correct, ditto
    Sat 21st 2100 - crid not correct, ditto
    Sun 22nd 1500 - crid not correct, ditto
    Sun 22nd 1645 - crid not correct, ditto
    Sun 22nd 1855 - crid not correct, ditto

| Mon 16 Jan 2017 7:33:42 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.