My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000T not powering up turning on

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dufusuk

Hi All

FVP 4000T, doesn't have a blue/red light, but I can hear the disk spinning if I unplug the power on adapter at the back of the unit. When the power button on the top is pressed, the disk stops spinning, but doesn't start again, when repressed.

Is the unit fried ? Any thoughts on tests/fixes ? I've tried the usual, unplug everything, leave for 30 mins and try again, still doesn't power on, manually or with the remote.

Any help appreciated.
    TIA

| Sun 12 Nov 2023 17:30:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dufusuk - 54 mins ago  » 
    FVP 4000T, doesn't have a blue/red light, but I can hear the disk spinning if I unplug the power on adapter at the back of the unit. When the power button on the top is pressed, the disk stops spinning, but doesn't start again, when repressed.

First thing I would try is to open the box and disconnect the hard drive and see if the box will then power up; if it does this suggests the problem is with the hard drive.

| Sun 12 Nov 2023 18:27:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dufusuk

thanks Martin, will try that first.

| Sun 12 Nov 2023 18:32:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dufusuk

I've opened the box, removed the hard drive, and it's still not powering up. When I press the 'stby' red button with the top off, the pitch of the heat sink changes, but it doesn't light up the power led. The noise I was hearing seems to come from the heat sink and not the disk spinning.

| Sun 12 Nov 2023 20:23:55 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.