My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000T Slow Remote.

(5 posts)
  1. graham uk

graham uk

special member

4000T Slow Remote. Puzzled why this should be?.
    My remote for 4000T has always been slow and something I have accepted, but after I purchased the Amazon TV Fire Stick I can now see just how very-very slow the 4000T remote is compared to the Fire Stick Remote.

Channel 4 CatchUp for example the 4000T goes at a snails pace with delay between each button press. Fire Stick flashes through to a selected program without any delay at all.

graham uk

| Sun 19 Mar 2017 9:51:30 #1 |
  2. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I assumed that it was 4000T itself that was slow, rather than the remote.

I'm now using a universal remote and it's no quicker than the original remote; just a better layout.

| Sun 19 Mar 2017 11:27:25 #2 |
  3. graham uk

graham uk

special member

Stephenesque. You assumed correctly, the box is (on my example Channel 4 Catch-up) very slow responding to the remote.
    For TV Catch-up we have been using the TV Fire Stick due to it's very fast/slick remote...best buy past winter for £35.

Our old Diditech TV Recorder also responds fast...SO PLEASE HUMAX look into this slow Box response from the supplied remote.

graham uk

| Sun 19 Mar 2017 14:34:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

newtalg

Humax solved this problem for me by replacing the remote under warranty (less than 2 years old). They were brilliant and sent the replacement by post the following day. Can't praise them enough. Machine now works perfectly.

newtalg

| Wed 25 Apr 2018 9:55:41 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

graham uk - 1 year ago  » 
    Stephenesque. You assumed correctly, the box is (on my example Channel 4 Catch-up) very slow responding to the remote.
    For TV Catch-up we have been using the TV Fire Stick due to it's very fast/slick remote...best buy past winter for £35.
    Our old Diditech TV Recorder also responds fast...SO PLEASE HUMAX look into this slow Box response from the supplied remote.
    graham uk

Bear in mind that you are not comparing like with like. The Fire TV/Stick remotes are Bluetooth based whereas the Humax remotes are all IR.

| Wed 25 Apr 2018 12:42:13 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.