My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000T smartphone link

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollycat

Hi, I recently decided to switch from sky to having our own PVR and understood we would be able to set up (and even watch?) programme recordings via Android smartphone. I have only found one mention of how to do this using a YouView app which I installed but couldn't link it to my 4000T as it was not found on the device search in the app setup.
    Please can anyone advise me in detail the best app to use, how to achieve this remote/ distance control and whether it will allow playback in my android device?

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 9:08:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Hi, for the 4000T you need Freeview rather than Youview apps. The ones that I use are the Humax TV Guide and Live TV apps. The Live TV will allow you to watch Live TV and recordings that you have on the box. With the TV guide you can see what's on and also set a recording, although series recording does not seem to be available as yet. You will also find that the 'Schedule' part of the app is not working.

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 10:10:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollycat

Thank you very much for your speedy reply and this information J_Oz.

I eventually managed to install the Humax TV Guide App but it was very
    difficult as none of the instructions matched my STB and remote, and it took far too long. I now have the guide installed on my phone but given the very poor reviews of the App it is difficult to have faith in it. I have set up a recording for later today and will see how that goes.

I will look at the Live TV App when I have caught up with other tasks which needed to be done this morning!
    Kind regards, Pollycat

| Tue 8 Nov 2016 12:58:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Hoepfully Humax will have the foresight soon to merge the two apps into one.

| Wed 9 Nov 2016 20:12:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollycat

Thank you for your emails. I tried the solutions when there was a problem with the humax server so I wrote a pretty stroppy email, then miraculously overnight it all seemed to fall into place. I havent tried playing through my smartphone and tablet yet (Humax suggest their media player app) but setting recordings has been reliable.

Humax customer service responded promptly and efficiently so all in all I am feeling more optimistic about ditching Sky in preference for Humax.

| Tue 15 Nov 2016 20:49:31 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.