My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000T to Toshiba 32ZP18P 100Hz CRT TV

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil A

Greetings one and all. Trying to set up as per the thread title. Had a bit of difficulty getting video but now have a great picture (particularly in HD) unfortunately I can't get any sound at all. TV is pre HDMI so I am using the supplied cable via an HDMI to Scart converter. Any ideas or suggestions welcome. Loathed to ditch the TV as it was the pinnacle of CRT and is in perfect condition.

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 8:50:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

If the 4000T is like the 1000S...In (Humax) Settings/Sound have you set the sound output to Stereo, not Digital.

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 8:56:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Phil A,

Make sure you have the volume on the Humax 4000T itself turned up.
    If this don't work try using a RCA to Scart cable, they are the yellow, white and red analog outputs on the back of the Humax 4000T instead of the HDMI for your CRT TV, and see if that works.
    Hope this helps.

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 10:16:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil A

Thanks for the advice chaps but after a great deal of trial and error I seem to have cracked it. On paper it shouldn't work but the following combination has done the trick.
    HDMI from 4000T via HDMI to Scart converter box to EXT1 Scart socket on tv. RCA (red & white audio only) to corresponding RCA sockets EXT4 on tv. In tv setup menu, set "Digital input 1" to EXT4.
    Bingo ! That said the damn thing has already dropped into standby for no reason twice already this evening, I fear I may become a regular on these pages
    Best regards, Phil.

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 21:05:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Phil A,

Glad you got it sorted.
    Yes there are a few issues with the Humax 4000T where it keeps rebooting since the last update, Humax is aware of the problem, just hope they come up with another update soon to fix it.

| Thu 6 Oct 2016 9:36:02 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.