My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

4GB Streaming Issue

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyWW

Hi,

New here, but expert level in computing, networking, and media streaming. I have a relatively new HDR FOX T2 running 1.02.20 software. I'm using the T2 to stream movies from my NAS drive to the TV which works pretty well - selecting 'Storage' | 'Network' etc...

Where it comes unstuck is when the movie file size exceeds 4Gb. In this case the movie will abruptly stop playing, even though the same file / movie will play to the end if streamed to a suitable media player on a laptop or PC on the network. File format is MPEG.

I've tested this by taking 2 movie files and re-transcoding keeping the resulting file size limited to 3.95 Gb, transferring the movie files back to the NAS and then streaming to the T2 - they play fine to the end, albeit with a loss of quality due to the reduced bit rate needed to achieve a smaller file size.

I understand, from extensive comments on this subject on other forums for HUMAX users, that this is a 'known issue'. If that's the case, can someone tell me when it will be addressed as this seems to be a significant bug bearing in mind that this machine is marketed as having media server capability. My SONY Bravia TV also streams from my NAS drive without this issue, but frustratingly the seek capability in the T2 media player 'client' is far superior. As I'd much rather use the T2 to stream in this way, it would be good to get this problem fixed.

Thanks.

EDIT: I should apologise. After searching again I've tripped over the other thread on this subject - mods, please feel free to move my post.

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 13:46:17 #1 |
  2. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

As you say it is a bug that Humax are aware of, The Humax will happily output a streamed video bigger than 4GB but will not receive a streamed video bigger than 4GB. AFAIK no fix date has been released by Humax

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 14:34:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyWW

ezra pound - 35 minutes ago  » 
    As you say it is a bug that Humax are aware of, The Humax will happily output a streamed video bigger than 4GB but will not receive a streamed video bigger than 4GB. AFAIK no fix date has been released by Humax

I've e-mailed Humax Support. If I receive anything back of interest, I'll post back here.

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 15:10:47 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.