My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000-T SAMBA

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bagaceratops

Thats why I got rid of it. Sorry but the 5000T is just useless. I does not do what it is advertised to do.
    And dont get me started on encrypted HD!

| Tue 27 Mar 2018 16:39:55 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andyhurley - 19 minutes ago  » 
    And radio programmes don't show on the media browser at all so you can't copy them. Full stop. I guess I will have to break out the analogue recording cables and get them off that way - pretty primitive for the 21st century.
    So what exactly is the purpose of ftp/samba if files can't be used once copied? I guess I can upload files from elsewhere but that's pretty minimal for a whole samba/ftp server.

Barry's post linked to above clearly shows Radio recordings with a mpeg icon. Copying to a PC using the usual drag and drop (or copy and paste) removes the encryption on SD video and radio. The files are usable with many PC media playback software apps like VLC or using media playback apps on a smart phone or tablet.

HD can be copied for safe keeping say you need to replace the hard disk and then replaced.

Additionally Barry posts you can view HD on another 4000/5000T as you can with a pair of HDR-FOX-T2 boxes thanks to DTCP-IP protected servers.

| Tue 27 Mar 2018 17:00:43 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyhurley

Yes, strangely I could not see radio programmes when browsing via Windows but when I tried via an Andriod uPnP app last night I could see and download radio programmes so I guess that solves my need. Samba/ftp is still pretty pointless (may turn them off as they don't seem to do anything useful) but the DLNA server allows viewing and playing although not deleting so I am going to have to remember to go to the box to delete the things I have viewed.

| Wed 28 Mar 2018 14:22:40 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andyhurley - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, strangely I could not see radio programmes when browsing via Windows but when I tried via an Andriod uPnP app last night I could see and download radio programmes so I guess that solves my need. Samba/ftp is still pretty pointless (may turn them off as they don't seem to do anything useful) but the DLNA server allows viewing and playing although not deleting so I am going to have to remember to go to the box to delete the things I have viewed.

Samba provides a more convenient method of copying SD TV and Radio to a mobile device you can view offline anywhere, compared to USB. Say 35000ft in a aeroplane.

| Wed 28 Mar 2018 14:33:58 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.