My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T - now only receives 11 channels only!

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Happychap

Oxford area and Sunday 23rd April, we suddenly developed on ITV4 and during the touring car event, the signal breaking up and freezing, then no picture but still with scrappy sound and then all non HD channels started showed the weak or no signal message and this applied to all radio channels.
    Monday, after turning TV on, I get a message saying reset channels on Wednesday due to signal alterations.
    So Thursday and Friday I followed the principle of clearing the channels, unplug, disconnect its Ariel connection, leave for a minute, re plug, run automatic channel search, then reconnect Ariel, run automatic channel search again........and lo and behold I still have just 11 HD TV channels!
    No Humax updates outstanding and when I do a channel search or signal strength when the picture comes back it now always defaults to channel 56.....weird!
    What I can't understand is that the Humax guide is that showing normal TV list as though it has nothing to do with the Humax function.
    I can disconnect and just connect TV direct to the Ariel but some prorammes are not on catch up and need to be recorded.
    Any ideas how to to get my Humax back doing what its good at?
    Cheers

| Thu 27 Apr 2023 20:27:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Happychap - 1 hour ago  » 
    So Thursday and Friday I followed the principle of clearing the channels, unplug, disconnect its Ariel connection, leave for a minute, re plug, run automatic channel search, then reconnect Ariel, run automatic channel search again........and lo and behold I still have just 11 HD TV channels!

When you do the Automatic search do you the Smart tune option active? If so try again but turn off Smart tune.

| Thu 27 Apr 2023 21:31:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Happychap

Thanks for your suggestion but I had lready have done that, but did it again and there is no chnge still exactly the same 11 Channels.

| Fri 28 Apr 2023 15:38:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Happychap - 3 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for your suggestion but I had lready have done that, but did it again and there is no chnge still exactly the same 11 Channels.

When it was doing the Automatic search, how many channels did it say it had found?

| Fri 28 Apr 2023 15:43:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Happychap

11 BUT, I have since spoken to Humax 'tech' help and she then gave me a list of the Oxford mast channels for my post code, so I did a manual search and it appears the channel 44 then produced 15 channels. Followed this with another automatic search and on 47 (which did nothing on the auto search) produced more channels so I now have 26. Still no radio.

Thing is when i start normal viewing and going through other channels they seem to be there but intermitten picture and normal audio.
    Certainly looks like poor signal strength (my 40 year old internal Ariel maybe), or they have turned down the power switch to save energy........like the rest of us!

Still not as it was but better than it was yesterday.

| Fri 28 Apr 2023 17:35:27 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Happychap - 4 mins ago  » 
    Thing is when i start normal viewing and going through other channels they seem to be there but intermitten picture and normal audio.
    Certainly looks like poor signal strength (my 40 year old internal Ariel maybe), or they have turned down the power switch to save energy........like the rest of us!

Please tell us what is the signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax when a) watching an SD channel live and b) watching an HD channel live via the Humax?

| Fri 28 Apr 2023 17:42:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

LEON51

I sometimes have to reposition my aerial to get full list of channels. Bit of fumbling with the aerial but eventually all the channels show up.

| Fri 28 Apr 2023 23:19:37 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.