My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000t options definitions

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

derrickml

Just purchased 5000T and am still learning. I have added an 2Tb WD USB external drive after advice from Humax It worked out of the box !! . However it seems to take as long to copy/move as it takes to record ? is this normal on my old Panasonic took 5mins for an hour of recorded material.
    Also what do they mean by Move / Copy the manual has no explanation . If iI move something to the USBHD it eventually get there but the recorded programs list still shows it present and if I then select and delete in program list the USBHD is also deleted !!!!!!!!! this cannot be correct.
    Got a similar problem with the Copy function.
    Wish the manual was more detailed.
    Help please

| Sun 30 Dec 2018 16:33:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

derrickml

Update on above.
    Sent questions to Humax , they replied (very quickly) that I should copy over/move recordings to USB HD then disconnect the external hard drive. I can then delete the items copied/moved in the program list on the Humax as normal.
    Did not explain the difference between Copy and Move so still in the dark.
    No responce to the question about the time it takes to copy in the first place.

Clearly this is a software issue which does not occur on other machines I have used

| Fri 4 Jan 2019 16:46:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

derrickml - 5 days ago  »  If iI move something to the USBHD it eventually get there but the recorded programs list still shows it present and if I then select and delete in program list the USBHD is also deleted !!!!!!!!! this cannot be correct.
    Got a similar problem with the Copy function.

A possible explanation
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/recordings-list-beware-if-archived-off-to-usb-hdd?replies=1#post-40704

| Fri 4 Jan 2019 16:57:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

derrickml

Thanks Luke I will explore all the options and confirm
    Thanks

| Fri 4 Jan 2019 20:13:51 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.