My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T Picture Freezing on Broadcast Channels

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

OK, it's quite choppy right now.
    I pressed pause and then play again, which is running on recording. There does appear to be a little pixelation on the recording, but no picture breakup.
    I checked signal strength on tuner 1 and it's 98%, with quality 100%, and very little variation.
    I'm not tuned into anything other than my usual transmitter, and it's running on its usual power.

Powering down and back up and its now 100% fine.

I don't mind doing this occasionally, but this is now becoming an annoyance.

It's a shame there is not a suitable replacement that is not bug ridden as the 5000t was a bad decision on my part. All previous Humax boxes i've owned have been much better.

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 18:37:36 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

poshsimon - 4 hours ago  » 
    I checked signal strength on tuner 1 and it's 98%, with quality 100%, and very little variation.

98% signal strength is on the high side for an FVp-5000T; have you considered using an attenuator in the aerial cabling to reduce the strength a bit and see if it helps?

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 23:06:14 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

Thanks, I haven't. I'm over 20 miles from the transmitter and in a relatively poor signal area, and had to use Freesat for many years in the past.
    It seems odd as nothing has changed, and it doesn't explain why rebooting solves the problem.

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 8:48:05 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

Just to make this thread useful, Martin Liddle's suggestion of an attenuator seems to have solved the problem. No more pictute freezing. Thank you Martin.

| Wed 4 Aug 2021 21:43:34 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.