My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T problems

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giskard

Whilst watching TV this morning my 5000T seemed to have stopped working completely: no buttons on the remote nor on the unit itself worked, I couldn't even power it down/standby, so I ended up unplugging it from the mains. On plugging it back in again, the Humax eventually came on again but there was no picture. Pressing the guide button displayed the EPG but with no data and I couldn't exit the EPG. The only way I could see the programme tuned into was to press the Freeview Play button which displayed the FVP screen and currently tuned programme in the transparent background.

I thought about doing a factory reset but as I didn't want to lose any schedules or recordings, decided to just unplug the 5000T's power cord, leave it a minute then plug it back in again. That appears to have worked (phew)

Is this sort of occasional odd behaviour something other owners has encountered?

I've had my 5000T since January this year and must say that despite all it's features, it's very slow (channel changes take about 5 seconds after pressing the CH up/down button) and occasionally very flaky.

| Fri 24 Aug 2018 7:46:40 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I have a different unit but I found that having a set picture output resolution, 1080p in my case, made channel changes faster as with the setting on auto caused my TV to resync the resolution on every change, causing a second or two delay.

| Fri 24 Aug 2018 10:09:39 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.