My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T - recording folders

(7 posts)
  1. PerranOak

PerranOak

How do you get the 5000T to put series recordings into one one folder like on the HDR-FOX T2?

Cheers

| Sun 23 Aug 2020 11:11:41 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PerranOak - 1 hour ago  » 
    How do you get the 5000T to put series recordings into one one folder like on the HDR-FOX T2?
    Cheers

You can't.

| Sun 23 Aug 2020 12:54:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

As long as the programmes are part of the same series they will go into series 'stacks', but as Graham says you cannot create your own folders.

Annoyingly, they sometimes change I think its called the CRID on some series and you can have 2 or 3 stacks of supposedly the same series, this happens a lot on old TOTP I record on BBC4

| Mon 24 Aug 2020 16:06:39 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Harters - 1 hour ago  » 
    As long as the programmes are part of the same series they will go into series 'stacks', but as Graham says you cannot create your own folders.
    Annoyingly, they sometimes change I think its called the CRID on some series and you can have 2 or 3 stacks of supposedly the same series, this happens a lot on old TOTP I record on BBC4

The name of the series folder can change. eg ITV-HD ran a series crid of James bond movies. As the latest programme was recorded the series folder get's updated to the last recorded movie.

| Mon 24 Aug 2020 18:02:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

That explains it then, if I set e.g. TOTPs, but then the series picks up TOTPs Summer Special it creates a new stack, but then later that new stack can contain TOTP's..... annoying

| Tue 25 Aug 2020 8:22:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Harters - 2 hours ago  » 
    That explains it then, if I set e.g. TOTPs, but then the series picks up TOTPs Summer Special it creates a new stack, but then later that new stack can contain TOTP's..... annoying

To be fair, I think the same thing happens on a 2000T. In your example TOTP would go to its own folder, then the Summer Special to another folder, and possibly some of the TOTPs go into the Summer Special folder. But on the 2000T they are in a folder and you can move them about if you want. That facility isn't available on the 5000T.

| Tue 25 Aug 2020 10:34:09 #6 |
  7. PerranOak

PerranOak

Cheers all.

| Sat 5 Sep 2020 13:10:13 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.