My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T seems to cause TV to Switch Audio Output

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

Since replacing my Aura with my 'old' FVP 5000T my Sony TV audio output randomly switches between Audio System and TV Speakers when I use the TV on its own with all other hdmi inputs not selected but some (incl 5000t) on standby.
    By chance I came across a comment on another forum (which I have carelessly lost) by someone with the same problem. They too had a 5000t connected by hdmi and on standby. By trial and error they found that by unplugging the 5000t hdmi lead the problem was solved and hasn't returned after several months. After an aggravating hour with the problem this morning I unplugged the 5000t hdmi and the problem ceased. I left the TV on and much later I reconnected the 5000t and sure enough it switched to TV Speakers within a couple of minutes. I then unplugged and after a few seconds it switched back to Audio System where it has remained till now 3 hours later..
    The only problem is that it now means if I want to use my TV on its own I have to get off my backside and walk over to the TV to pull a plug out ! What a nuisance!
    I thought this info might be useful to anyone with a similar problem but my limited tech knowledge means I cannot suggest why this happens.
    Now, where's that HDMI switch??.....

| Tue 12 Jul 2022 22:41:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

Would a remote HDMI switch help? There's a few on Amazon etc.

| Wed 13 Jul 2022 20:50:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

Thanks niknak, I did try that but it made no difference - whether the the switch was turned off or the channel was changed. I was using a remote 5 way hdmi switcher.
    Also I now found out that turning the 5000t on eliminates the problem. The box has to be in Standby for the mystery audio output changing to take place. It actually changes the Settings on the TV. The Bravia needs to be 'on' on the TV to work with the Sonos Beam via HDMI/Arc, but all other CEC is off.
    It's no big problem really - I will just turn on the 5000t. Seems a bit cumbersome though.

| Thu 14 Jul 2022 11:47:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Unclebill

We have 2 5000T in the house but they react differently to the Standby button. One turns off instantaneously but the other takes anything up to 10 seconds to go into standby. Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

| Sun 23 Apr 2023 17:56:18 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.