My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T - two recordings cut-out

(9 posts)
  1. PerranOak

PerranOak

Admittedly, my signal from the transmitter is not powerful but I don't usually have a problem.

However, when my 5000T recorded two programmes at the same time the signal to the TV was too weak to view.

Is this normal?

Cheers.

| Sat 5 Sep 2020 13:12:40 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PerranOak - 6 hours ago  » 
    Admittedly, my signal from the transmitter is not powerful but I don't usually have a problem.
    However, when my 5000T recorded two programmes at the same time the signal to the TV was too weak to view.
    Is this normal?
    Cheers.

Not normal. Can you try tuning to say BBC-HD on 101. Press the instant record button (red circle above On Demand). Now press 104 on the remote to change to channel 4- HD press the instant record button a second time.

Now press 105 to change to Channel 5 - HD and press the instant record button again. You are now recording at the same time and using 3 tuners.

Now display the signal test figures. You should see level and quality for 3 tuners.

What does the box say about signal quality and strength ?

If that works, you need to post a postcode near you (to identify your most likely transmitter) and what two channels you were trying to record.

Yoy may be trying to use one or more of the weaker MUX like COM 7 and com 8 which could be the source of the problem.

| Sat 5 Sep 2020 19:47:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    Can you try tuning to say BBC-HD on 101. Press the instant record button (red circle above On Demand). Now press 104 on the remote to change to channel 4- HD press the instant record button a second time.
    Now press 105 to change to Channel 5 - HD and press the instant record button again. You are now recording at the same time and using 3 tuners.

Those three channels are on the same multiplex. Doing this only activates one tuner not three.

| Mon 7 Sep 2020 18:01:17 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

EEPhil - 1 hour ago  » 

Can you try tuning to say BBC-HD on 101. Press the instant record button (red circle above On Demand). Now press 104 on the remote to change to channel 4- HD press the instant record button a second time.

Those three channels are on the same multiplex. Doing this only activates one tuner not three.

Not true. One tuner is required to record two of them . A second is required for the third one. You cannot add another to the second tuner. The extra channel requires the third tuner. Recording limits the number of recordings even though the box can view the other channel and watch it live (and record it to the time shift buffer),

The point of the test was to show the OP the failure was likely not to be the number of channels, rather adding a Mux with a very poor signal to the recordings.

| Mon 7 Sep 2020 19:30:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

EEPhil - 1 hour ago  » 

Not true. One tuner is required to record two of them .

Which is why your suggestion of using 3 channels from the same multiplex does not help.

| Mon 7 Sep 2020 23:50:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

grahamlthompson - 19 hours ago  » 
    Not true. One tuner is required to record two of them . A second is required for the third one. You cannot add another to the second tuner. The extra channel requires the third tuner.

I followed your instructions and had the three recordings running. I looked at the signal strengths and only one tuner is in use. Which is wrong, your description or the evidence of my Humax?

| Tue 8 Sep 2020 14:34:59 #6 |
  7. PerranOak

PerranOak

Hi,

Thank you very much. I did that with three different MUXs and look at signal strength - all ok! Puzzling.

Then I noticed that the TV was "jerky" when viewed via the 5000T even when no recordings were happening! The TV was fine when viewed directly!

This all became too much for me so I've returned it. Such a disappointing product.

| Thu 10 Sep 2020 16:00:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

PerranOak - 5 hours ago  » 
    Then I noticed that the TV was "jerky" when viewed via the 5000T even when no recordings were happening! The TV was fine when viewed directly!
    This all became too much for me so I've returned it.

In that light of that new detail it could have been interference from the HDMI connecting cable.
    If you still had the unit then setting the 5000T to output 1080i instead of 1080P to see if the issue goes away would have been the test to make.

| Thu 10 Sep 2020 21:08:05 #8 |
  9. PerranOak

PerranOak

Ah right. Too bad. Thanks anyway.

| Sat 12 Sep 2020 10:22:30 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.