My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T Weak or No Signal

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff Cantrell

Hi All,
    I may be missing the obvious, but turning our TV and 5000T box we get a message saying we have a weak or no signal, but the remote for the Humax doesn’t select anything other than on or off. In a previous episode with this message we were able to access both Freeview and On Demand and anything we had already recorded. Not at the moment. Last night it seemed as though the box was recording something, we have programmes set, but I couldn’t access anything.
    I have unplugged the co-axial cable that comes in from our aerial and plugged it straight into the tv and have a picture and all the channels, if I plug that back in and take a co-axial from the out socket of the Humax to the tv, we have the tv.
    It seems that either the remote doesn’t work (I have changed the batteries) or, other than the on/off command the Humax isn’t receiving any other messages.
    I can’t access anything within the Humax to be able to reset anything. I have unplugged everything and plugged it all in again and I have rebooted our Broadband router.
    Does anyone have any constructive ideas for a next step?? Or am I boxing it up to return it from our supplier?

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 17:48:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff Cantrell - 2 hours ago  » 
    I may be missing the obvious, but turning our TV and 5000T box we get a message saying we have a weak or no signal, but the remote for the Humax doesn’t select anything other than on or off.

Do you think the weak signal message is coming from the Humax or the TV? May be a silly question, but have you checked that the Tv is using the correct HDMI input for the Humax?

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 20:06:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff Cantrell

Thank you for that, a few minutes exploring the tv’s settings, navigate to the HDMI ports and all is now working again.I’m just intrigued why it all worked from scratch without having to do this in the first instance...
    Still, we’re up and running again, thank you.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 23:35:37 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.