My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T is it dead

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

thepeterde

blue light comes on nothing unplugged left for 1/2 hour pins on plug wiped plug back in turn blue light humax logo for 5 secs then nothing, cant find a way to reset box like a youview box. any suggestions would be very helpful thanks in advance

| Sat 27 Oct 2018 20:27:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

thepeterde - 5 minutes ago  » 
    blue light comes on nothing unplugged left for 1/2 hour pins on plug wiped plug back in turn blue light humax logo for 5 secs then nothing, cant find a way to reset box like a youview box. any suggestions would be very helpful thanks in advance

Did you try booting a second time ? After a power down box wakes for a short period when power is restored, to restart the system clock and returns to sby. After this it should boot as normal.

| Sat 27 Oct 2018 20:35:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

thepeterde

Thanks for your advice Graham, tried that nothing no Humax logo now, on & off works screen black. Just out off warranty

| Sat 27 Oct 2018 23:01:31 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

thepeterde - 11 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for your advice Graham, tried that nothing no Humax logo now, on & off works screen black. Just out off warranty

As it's out of warranty open the case and disconnect the hard drive power and data connections. If the unit now boots the HDD has failed. Same happened to mine after about 3 yrs. Replaced mine with a 2TB Seagate pipeline.

After removing the lid you need to release the fixing clips. From memory a flat screw driver down the holes pushed towards the case edge release the clips. Work round one at a time and gently pull off the cover to reveal the hard disk mounting .

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 10:47:49 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.