My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9150T EPG Very, Very Slow

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

arwenthecat

After the 19th Sept. retune my Humax 9150T EPG is not populating properly...4 hours and still not much on ITV1/Ch5/CH4 for next Thurs onwards. I notice they are all on the same Muliplex...D3&4...is that a cue. Everything was fine before the re-tune.
    I'm on the Redruth transmitter and have the latest software.
    What I have done so far over the last 2 days to try and solve the problem.
    • Did a factory reset.
    • Deleted all the channels, TV & Radio.
    • Auto tuned the channels back in...didn't help.
    • Manual tuned all the channels back in...didn't help.
    • Wiped everything and tuned without aerial lead in...didn't help.
    • And every variation I have read about in tuning.
    • I don't have any duplicate 800 channels.
    • Used BBC1 as the source. Used ITV as the source
    I've run out of ideas. Help
    Thanks

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 17:17:36 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

After reading your post yesterday I reset my 9150/9300, the EPG has fully populated. I used the pip trick using BBC1 and ITV1, took a while granted, same area Caradon Hill transmitter.

| Sun 23 Sep 2012 10:41:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

arwenthecat

I had it on from 2pm to 11pm and ITV1 + Ch5 had still not appeared after next Thursday. I'm in the middle of 2 transmitters so I'm looking at Redruth which is 180 degrees away from Caradon Hill. I can see Redruth transmitter 5 miles away from my house, nothing in between so it's not signal strength problems. "Pip trick" not sure what that is. Does that mean your watching BBC1 with ITV as well in the corner?

| Sun 23 Sep 2012 12:44:07 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PIP is picture in picture, this uses both tuners provided the two on screen pictures are from different mux. It's a good way of testing both tuners work.

Can you confirm one point. Do all the mux you have manually tuned come from the same transmitter ?

| Sun 23 Sep 2012 12:51:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

arwenthecat

Yes. I did it originally automatically then I wiped it all and did it manually just from Redruth. Even after 9 hours yesterday ITV1/CH5/Dave and a few others were still blank after next Thursday. I turned off overnight. I turned on this morning and I noticed everything was there from yesterday. Does this mean that the 9150T finally caches the guide. It never used to. I did your PIP and everything is there now. This means either PIP did work or there was a problem with Redruth yesterday which has now been fixed...trouble is I don't know which it was. I should have not gone down the PIP route for a few hours to see. Bit late now.
    Thanks for your help

| Sun 23 Sep 2012 13:31:52 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes the latest firmware caches the epg. As a result it takes longer to get a full epg, wouldn't expect days though. I don't have a SD Humax Freeview pvr anymore so sorry run out of ideas other than replacing it with a HDR FOX T2

| Sun 23 Sep 2012 13:55:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

arwenthecat

Add it to my, very long,list after a new phone, tablet, fibre broadband and most important my daughters University fees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| Sun 23 Sep 2012 14:19:09 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

thatch

Can you explain what it is you have to with PIP.
    I am using the Sudbury transmitter and I am having problems where the EPG is missing for the latter half of the week from ITV, ITV+1, channel 4 etc. I tried all the things ARWENTHECAT tried but its made no difference. I tried using the PIP but that doesn't make any difference. So what exactly do I have to do?

| Tue 2 Oct 2012 11:16:41 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

thatch - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Can you explain what it is you have to with PIP.
    I am using the Sudbury transmitter and I am having problems where the EPG is missing for the latter half of the week from ITV, ITV+1, channel 4 etc. I tried all the things ARWENTHECAT tried but its made no difference. I tried using the PIP but that doesn't make any difference. So what exactly do I have to do?

PIP is only really helpfull to check both tuners are working correctly.

Have you channels in the channel list at 800 and upwards ?
    Did you try the manual tune option if you had ?

Welcome to the forum.

| Tue 2 Oct 2012 11:37:24 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

PIP - Picture in picture.

Example that works for me and appears to speed up the EPG population process.

Unit on BBC1, invoke PIP and select ITV1 as the second channel. Leave unit in this state for a while, then check EPG.

| Tue 2 Oct 2012 12:00:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.