My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T ending early

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Despite setting Record End Time to 10 minutes later, my 9200 frequently ends early. Like this evening, for example. Set to record Top Gear which ended at 8pm. Missed the last minute or so. I only had one other recording scheduled this evening at 8pm on Channel 3 but as it's got two tuners would have thought that that would not be the issue.

| Wed 1 Feb 2012 22:36:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Perhaps I should have added 'Can anyone suggest what to do?'

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 18:02:27 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Use Accurate Recording, it works well for me. Just ensure that your 9200 is tuned only to one transmitter. I think there are some issues of consecutive recordings when using manual padding but I'm not sure what they are because I've never felt the need to use it. I take your point of the two tuners but were you watching a channel on a third multiplex at the time? Sorry for being vague but I have no experience of the problems of manual padding.

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 18:17:00 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Welcome to the forum

Could you confirm the firmware version of your 9200t and whether you're area is pre or post DSO (digital switch over) If the latter the signal strengths have been boosted not only for your local transmitter (TX) but also nearby ones.

As Biggles says it is important that you are only receiving from one TX. have you channels in the 800s? If so it's a sign you are receiving from more that one TX. However that normally only affects series links and accurate recordings not manually padded ones. Is your extra 10 minutes set for every recording (in time settings) or just added to Top Gear manully? Padding is dropped for some consecutive recordings.

To check if both tuners are working Ok tune to 2 channels from different mutiplexes using PIP eg BBC1 and Dave.

If you were watching a third channel from a different multiplex (MUX) as Biggles posits then I would have expected you to have seen a "channel restricted due to recording message" as soon as the second recording was due to start. See FAQ item Which Channels Can I Watch While Recording 2 Others?
    or
    Why do I get Channel Restricted due to Recording(link)

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 22:13:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Many thanks for the responses. I can't comment whether or not it was viewing a third channel as it's possible that we weren't watching any TV at the time! Good point, though.

We are post-DSO (Central region).

I have no channels in the 800 region....had to do a manual scan as we kept picking up a load of Welsh channels!!!

Am on latest version of the software.

Padding is set to apply to all recordings.

Since posting, I have gone over to Accurate Recording and test recordings seem fine and so I will stick with that. Downside is, of course, if the broadcasters overrun but without amending the End signal time. (if I understand the way these things works correctly).

| Fri 3 Feb 2012 8:58:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

countryman - 1 day ago »
    Despite setting Record End Time to 10 minutes later, my 9200 frequently ends early. Like this evening, for example. Set to record Top Gear which ended at 8pm. Missed the last minute or so. I only had one other recording scheduled this evening at 8pm on Channel 3 but as it's got two tuners would have thought that that would not be the issue.

One solution is to edit one of the timers so that the core recording time for both programmes overlap by a minute.

The 9200 does drop the padding if it is only the padding that causes the overlap. By making sure that the core recording times overlap the padding will be kept and both tuners will be used.

Accurate recording can also trigger off a similar issue when there is an overrun or an early start. The solution I use is to record the repeat of one of the programmes so that my schedule does not contain any consecutive AR recordings.

| Fri 3 Feb 2012 10:00:38 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

countryman - 2 hours ago  » 
    Many thanks for the responses. I can't comment whether or not it was viewing a third channel as it's possible that we weren't watching any TV at the time! Good point, though.
    We are post-DSO (Central region).
    I have no channels in the 800 region....had to do a manual scan as we kept picking up a load of Welsh channels!!!
    Am on latest version of the software.
    Since posting, I have gone over to Accurate Recording and test recordings seem fine and so I will stick with that. Downside is, of course, if the broadcasters overrun but without amending the End signal time.If a (if I understand the way these things works correctly).

When doing a Manual Search it is important that you delete all old channels first otherwise you may end up still receiving from two transmitters. My Manual Search instructions are on this forum somewhere but if you need them I will re-post.

If a programme overruns past any padding applied to a manual timer then there is no chance of the end time being extended unless you are there at the time. As far as I can remember I have never had a recording stop before the end of the programme when using Accurate Recording on a channel that supports it. My experience from tests and everyday recording is that a recording stops at the start of the following programme.

| Fri 3 Feb 2012 11:29:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Thanks guys...very helpful suggestions. I'm going to stick on Accurate Recording from now on.

| Fri 3 Feb 2012 17:10:44 #8 |
  9. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Biggles - 7 hours ago  » 

countryman - 2 hours ago  » 

You can pad timers individually from the recording list menu if you want to be sure of a single programme.

Since posting, I have gone over to Accurate Recording and test recordings seem fine and so I will stick with that. Downside is, of course, if the broadcasters overrun but without amending the End signal time.If a (if I understand the way these things works correctly).

As far as I can remember I have never had a recording stop before the end of the programme when using Accurate Recording on a channel that supports it. My experience from tests and everyday recording is that a recording stops at the start of the following programme.

I have had missing ends of programmes particularly on BBC in December not just on the hummy but also on my VM Tivo with padding set! where the only way to get the end was to resort to BBC iPlayer

| Fri 3 Feb 2012 18:53:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Interesting. This evening had my 9200 and also the Vestel ...both set for accurate recording...to record the same programme (Hustle). The Vestel start time was spot on but the Hummy lost the first 5-6 seconds. Why would that be as I'm assuming that they are both starting off the same signal. On other test recordings I've done on the Hummy, the start times have seemed OK.

| Fri 3 Feb 2012 23:06:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.