My Humax Forum » Forum Site » Site Feedback

A BIG thankyou to contributors on this forum

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Viffergb

After doing a 'Google Search' I came across this site a few days ago, and boy, what a useful site it is.

I first bought a Humax PVR 9200T back in 2007 after reading glowing reports on it and spending a good deal of time researching the product. I wasn't disappointed.

I then bought a Foxsat HDR back in 2010 to compliment a new HD TV. Again, I have not been disappointed.

As the 9200T only supported 'SD' it spent most of its time in 'Standby' from 2010 onwards, and several months ago it lost the time and displayed the dreaded '--:--'.

I can't remember exactly what I searched for regarding the problem, but suffice to say I ended up here and what a useful site this is. I found the very useful and clear instructions on how to get to the clock p.c.b. and used the equally clear and useful instructions on how to go about cleaning the p.c.b. as this had proved successful in sorting the problem for a number of users. I didn't have any surgical spirit so resorted to using a spray that I use to clean computer and tv screens. I put everything back together and hey presto, it worked! I also came across the useful advice on how to manually tune the box as I had several of the channels starting at '800' after an automatic tune which I wanted to have as my main channels starting at '001'.

As I'd been thinking about purchasing a HDR-FOX T2 for some time, I went ahead and bought one last week and promptly located it on a shelf above the Foxsat. However, I was disappointed to find that the remote control was operating both the Foxsat and FOX T2 at the same time!!

So, without further ado, back I came to here, only to find (very quickly) a solution to the problem by changing the transmit frequency on the remote.

As a result, I'm a happy bunny and so pleased I came across this forum.

Thank you, and I'm sure I'll be back checking out the useful tips and advice that is freely available here.

P.S. Must admit I'm surprised that Humax don't make mention in their manuals about changing the remote's transmission frequency as they must have surely realised that they would have customers who have both boxes connected to the same television, or is it in the manual after all, and I've missed finding it!

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 13:15:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's not in the manuals. Barry was the first to reveal this information in a forum no longer with us. It was a very long time ago, perhaps Barry can remember when. At a guess sometime in 2009.

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 13:33:12 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 11 minutes ago  » 
    It's not in the manuals. Barry was the first to reveal this information in a forum no longer with us. It was a very long time ago, perhaps Barry can remember when. At a guess sometime in 2009.

Correct Graham - 11 June 2009

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 13:46:20 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.