My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

a few questions ref 5000T

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tippy62

first question is what is the favourable way to start up and shut down the 5000T.
    I've tried putting in to standby when going to bed and just leaving it switched on all the time, if on standby i cant always tell if its in standby or not, without going to the box and looking at the red light, sometimes the light is blue even though it was last left on standby, i assume this is because its recording, if i then turn it on, would i be turning it off and messing up the recording.
    when leaving on all the time I've noticed missing epg on mainly bbc channels, this could just be coincidence, when left on overnight its more likely to be left on sky news as generally thats the last thing i watch, don't know if this would matter.
    (stupid question) if i use start up at ie 7am to switch on then off 30mins later, does it actually turn on the tv or just the box itself, im assuming the latter.

when rewinding live sky news the playback has subs, anyway of stopping this.

the OK button needs pushing much harder the all other buttons, should i ask for a replacement.
    my 5000T is about 3 months old and generally its very good, a bit longwinded on button routines compared to the toppy i had for many years but it does what it states on the tin.
    Netflix and iplayer apps work fine the others are useless but i have them on my tv so no big deal, my main use is to record stuff i will or might watch and not have to put up with adverts so apps arent my priority.

FVP5000T,software is UKTFAE 1.03.51,loader is UKTFAE 1.06, my internet is wired.

any advise would be great, im not great at putting issues into a written description so hope it was understandable.
    thanks.

| Thu 16 Jul 2020 15:53:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Whether the TV comes on or not depends on what CEC settings you have. If you turn it on manually does the TV come on or not ?

I leave mine in low power sby overnight. During overnight housekeeping the cached epg is cleared and re-loaded on first boot the next day which is slow. I have a power on timer at 07:00 and a off at 07:15 to rebuild the epg.

If you record from the main PSB-HD mux you can record any 4 of the channels on there. It's also possible to record a 5th if you set a watch reservation on it.

| Thu 16 Jul 2020 16:30:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tippy62

grahamlthompson - 56 mins ago  » 
    Whether the TV comes on or not depends on what CEC settings you have. If you turn it on manually does the TV come on or not ?
    I leave mine in low power sby overnight. During overnight housekeeping the cached epg is cleared and re-loaded on first boot the next day which is slow. I have a power on timer at 07:00 and a off at 07:15 to rebuild the epg.
    If you record from the main PSB-HD mux you can record any 4 of the channels on there. It's also possible to record a 5th if you set a watch reservation on it.

thanks for the reply,
    my CEC setting is off, so from that i gather the tv wont come on when doing an early AM power on/off with a 15 min epg refresh.
    do you manually switch to standby or have it set to go off at for example 1AM.

i don't have an issue with actual recordings, its just when i rewind live sky news the playback has subtitles, i just cant understand why.

| Thu 16 Jul 2020 17:33:57 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tippy62 - 5 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 56 mins ago  » 

thanks for the reply,
    my CEC setting is off, so from that i gather the tv wont come on when doing an early AM power on/off with a 15 min epg refresh.
    do you manually switch to standby or have it set to go off at for example 1AM.
    i don't have an issue with actual recordings, its just when i rewind live sky news the playback has subtitles, i just cant understand why.

Manually - The box has a small problem with subtitles. Mine is connected to a cat 7 link to a kitchen TV. When I switch from sending Freesat to the FVP the subs come on. Two presses of the subs button turns them off. Will possibly work after re-winding Live Sky news.

| Thu 16 Jul 2020 17:42:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tippy62

Thank you, I'll give that a try.

| Thu 16 Jul 2020 18:07:36 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tippy62 - 21 mins ago  » 

I have a well rehearsed shut down sequence at bedtime thanks to the complexity of my system,

1 Shut down the Humax FVP and the HDR-1000S.

2 turn on the lounge main lighting from the wall switch. (So not left in the dark at the next step).

2 Shut down the sub woofer power using a WIFI remote controlled socket that provides power and the lounge lighting low level lighting and the TV backlight.

Turn off the Denon AVR receiver Zone 1 output (lounge) and zone 2 output (Kitchen). Turn off the kitchen TV with it's own remote if still on.

It's now second nature.

The receiver has 3 zone outputs. Zone 1 sends Video and audio to the lounge TV and the atmos speakers in the lounge. Zone 2 sends Video and audio to the Kitchen TV.

Viewers in the lounge can watch a different source to kitchen viewer (The better half obviously

Domestic bliss is maintained

| Thu 16 Jul 2020 18:42:27 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tippy62

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

tippy62 - 21 mins ago  » 

I have a well rehearsed shut down sequence at bedtime thanks to the complexity of my system,
    1 Shut down the Humax FVP and the HDR-1000S.
    2 turn on the lounge main lighting from the wall switch. (So not left in the dark at the next step).
    2 Shut down the sub woofer power using a WIFI remote controlled socket that provides power and the lounge lighting low level lighting and the TV backlight.
    Turn off the Denon AVR receiver Zone 1 output (lounge) and zone 2 output (Kitchen). Turn off the kitchen TV with it's own remote if still on.
    It's now second nature.
    The receiver has 3 zone outputs. Zone 1 sends Video and audio to the lounge TV and the atmos speakers in the lounge. Zone 2 sends Video and audio to the Kitchen TV.
    Viewers in the lounge can watch a different source to kitchen viewer (The better half obviously
    Domestic bliss is maintained

its good to be organised

| Thu 16 Jul 2020 20:18:19 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.