My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Accessing files on my home networked PC

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

brians

I recently upgraded my PC Windows 10 and am now being asked for a CIFS login. It didn't happen before so I am assuming there is something new in W10.
    I have set up a new user and password on my PC and have given it access to some folders.

When I try and login in to the PC the screens take me around in circles. Select network, login , select network, login etc.

Can't find anything in the paper manual. Anyone had this problem and has a solution please?

Before setting up the new user I tried various combinations of user id and password and got a wrong password message. I am not getting this now. Could I have locked myself out of the Humax box and, if so, how do I unlock it please?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 11:10:55 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I assume the CIFS login request is when you try and access the Foxsat which runs custom firmware.

If so this may help
    https://www.avforums.com/threads/reset-web-interface-password-foxsat-hdr-cf4-1-3.1968160/

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 12:25:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

brians

Hi REPASSAC and thanks you for your response.
    I have installed Telnet on my W10 PC and can run a session.
    I assume that, on my PC, I open a Telnet session on the Humax box and then type "pass-disable" to stop the Humax box from asking for a login when trying to access my PC folders from it. Is that correct?
    If so, what is the name of the Humax box to use in the Telnet "open" command please?
    Many thanks
    Brian
    PS Am I correct that this glitch has been introduced by me upgrading my PC to W10?

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 18:49:24 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.