My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Accessing files using Disk internals Linux reader

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

16brar

Hello,
    I am trying to access files on a hard drive , I removed from a hard disc recorder. I understand you need a Linux reader to do this. I can access the files but when I click on them nothing happens. I am using the VLC media player to try and play the files but it does not recognise them. I have included a screenshot to show you what I am seeing on my PC screen. I use Windows 10. I am trying to view the library of films and TV shows I recorded onto this 1 tb drive. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

| Sun 30 Jul 2023 14:44:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

16brar - 44 mins ago  » 
    I am trying to access files on a hard drive , I removed from a hard disc recorder. I understand you need a Linux reader to do this. I can access the files but when I click on them nothing happens. I am using the VLC media player to try and play the files but it does not recognise them.

Please tell is which model of Humax recorder the hard drive came from and whether the recordings are SD or HD?

| Sun 30 Jul 2023 15:31:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

16brar

The hard drive came from a Bush Freeview recorder. B1TBHDPVR. The recordings are SD.

| Sun 30 Jul 2023 15:36:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

16brar - 35 mins ago  » 
    The hard drive came from a Bush Freeview recorder. B1TBHDPVR. The recordings are SD.

OK I am afraid I know nothing about that PVR. Luke may be able to help.

| Sun 30 Jul 2023 16:12:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Whether HD or SD, all are encrypted and will not be playable via VLC.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/67770386#Comment_67770386

That poster is very reliable.

I didn't post the link on your other thread because I could not find it when I looked the other day.

There is also a DS member who transferred the HDD from one model of the same type as yours to another of the same type, and could see the recordings, but they didn't confirm where they would play or not.

| Sun 30 Jul 2023 21:42:47 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.