My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Accessing FoxSat HDR from FVP-4000T

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MurrayLow

Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum so please forgive me if I am asking questions that have already been answered. However I have looked and can’t find a precise answer to my problem.

So my problem is… I have had a Humax FoxSat HDR Freesat box for several years and have many recordings on it that I want to keep.

I now have a Humax FVP-4000T FreeView box as well and in the user manual it indicates that files on home network devices can be played through the FVP-4000T.

Both boxes are attached via LAN to my home network but I cannot see the FoxSat HDR files on the FVP-4000T (although I can see files on my NAS box which is on the same network).

Am I misunderstanding something or am I not able to do what I am trying to?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks… Murray.

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 17:00:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MurrayLow - 1 hour ago  » 
    So my problem is… I have had a Humax FoxSat HDR Freesat box for several years and have many recordings on it that I want to keep.
    I now have a Humax FVP-4000T FreeView box as well and in the user manual it indicates that files on home network devices can be played through the FVP-4000T.
    Both boxes are attached via LAN to my home network but I cannot see the FoxSat HDR files on the FVP-4000T (although I can see files on my NAS box which is on the same network).

Are the recordings you want to access on the Foxsat HD or SD recordings? For SD recordings there are a number of options you could try; I don't know of a way of playing the HD recordings.

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 18:33:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MurrayLow

Hi Martin, thanks for your response. They are both HD and SD but access to only the SD would be better than nothing. What do you suggest?

Murray.

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 18:54:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MurrayLow - 24 minutes ago  » 
    They are both HD and SD but access to only the SD would be better than nothing. What do you suggest?

The out of the box way to access the SD recordings is to copy them from the Foxsat to attached USB storage and then copy them onto either the NAS or the FVP-4000T. Note you only want the .ts file; the other support files are not required. Alternatively if you install the custom firmware for the Foxsat and the appropriate packages you could access the recordings either via Samba or DLNA. You can download the software from http://filecloud.io/q97isogtc but you will need to do a lot of reading and the multipart thread on AVForums titled "Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR" is the best place to start.

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 19:27:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MurrayLow

Thanks very much Martin... I will download the software and start reading! I enjoy a nice techy problem.
    Best wishes... Murray

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 20:00:16 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MurrayLow - 29 seconds ago  » 
    Thanks very much Martin... I will download the software and start reading! I enjoy a nice techy problem.

Good luck there are others here who are better placed to offer you advice on the Foxsat custom firmware.

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 20:01:45 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.