My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

accessing Media & File Server Bundle requests Password

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gb509

Hi to all!

I am new to this forum after finding by accident the excellent Media and Filer Server Bundle software from Raydon.

Did the install without any problems from USB stick.

Initially trying access using Safari on my iMac did not work so well but Firefox worked fine.

Since then as I had my Foxsat HDR temporarily connected to the network disconnected to get a longer cable.
    Now about a week and a half later trying access on the Foxsat brings up a dialogue box with a username and password request. I am sure I did not set any on the initial install and any of the suggested versions in the readme do not work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Gerard

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 23:46:07 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think you must have set a user and password on the settings page. Did you install telnet or ftp - If so say which?

| Tue 7 Aug 2012 9:21:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gb509

Hi, to answer your question: Not that I aware of having done it. I believe I did the common install but trying telnet access fails on Mac. Installed the updated Humax fixed Olympic version followed by reinstall of the FW4.0.7 but get same result again username and password request.

My initial interest was primarily to be able to edit channels and did not explore the other options in any detail.

The only change can have been OS change from Lion 10.7 to 10.8 but another machine which has not yet been updated gives same request

Should I consider reset to factory defaults?

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 23:51:09 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Latest version of custom firmware is 4.0.8 to match 1.00.21 humax firmware

http://myhumax.org/blog/?page_id=166

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 23:58:39 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Should I consider reset to factory defaults?

It will not change anything.

To solve the problem you need telnet or ftp access. Are you sure you have a telnet client on the mac - telnet is very very standard and if the ip address is correct it will work if it is installed,

As GT says you need to install 4.0.8 - 4.0.7 will be overwritten every 03:00 by housekeeping - in the download there is a telnet install - after flashing 4.0.8 place on USB stich and insert in PC.

When you have done that I can tell you how to solve your problem.

| Thu 9 Aug 2012 8:44:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gb509

Hi Repassac,

thank you for your reply. you are correct I installed the 4.08 FW and indeed the username and PW issue remains. There is a telnet procedure via Mac OSX in terminal under remote command which gives 4 options:ftp, ssh sftp and telnet however using it returns Trying 192.168.1.28...
    -telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.28: Connection refused
    -telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

[Process completed]
    However I will extract the Telnet install from the download put it on a stick and download. I am still baffled where I can have set username and password though.

Thank you for your support

| Thu 9 Aug 2012 21:43:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

gb509

further to the above: Installed the Telnet package and now get a response: successfully connected!

Awaiting further instructions

| Fri 10 Aug 2012 0:10:19 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If all is as I expect then this should work.
    If not please post results. Telnet into Foxsat and enter:

cd /opt/etc
    ls -l mon*
    mv mongoose.conf mongoose.confx
    mv mongoose.conf.old mongoose.conf

Hopefully the last command is OK - otherwise copy the results to the clipboad. Now restart the Foxsat.

Passwords and users are created on the WebIf settings page.

| Fri 10 Aug 2012 7:19:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

gb509

Hi Repassac Brilliant instructions worked perfectly I am able to see the web interface again in Safari.

Do you have any tips regarding what I may have done regarding the username and password issue so that I can avoid that error (fairly sure that I did not set username and pw but may have had a 'senior moment' ; ) ))

Thanks for your help

| Sat 11 Aug 2012 0:17:54 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is controlled on the WebIf settings page and is effective when mongoose is re-started. Unless you have enabled http access from the in internet there is not much point in setting it on.

| Sat 11 Aug 2012 6:16:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.