My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Accessing subtitle files for copied recordings

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

emodb

I have an FVP 5000T. Currently I am using a PC running Windows 10 on which I can access the Humax via DLNA to copy recordings I have made and watch them on the PC.

There are times when I need subtitles to understand a scene. If I am using Windows Media Player to watch the recording it asks me to locate subtitle files. The player audio settings gives me the option of MPEG-2 channel, which is the actual dialogue, or English-MPEG-1 channel which is an audio-description of events on screen with no audible programme sound.

It has a link to Select Subtitle File and if I click on that it comes up with the standard Windows search screen looking for all files ending .ttll, .ssa, .ass, .srt, .sub, .vtt. I can't see any files in those formats anywhere. So I end up unable to access subtitles on downloaded recordings.

On the other hand if I use VLC Media Player that picks up subtitles automatically so I can happily switch them on and off as necessary. So the issue appears to be with Windows Media Player.

Before I change the default player to VLC can anybody help me by advising whether I'm doing something wrong or else how I might be able to access subtitles in Windows Media Player.

| Sun 19 Jul 2020 23:08:20 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.