My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Accessing upper folder

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PorcupineHF

Sounds stupid - but some of my recordings appear to be in Upper Folder but I can't always access it. How do I access and, anyway, what is the Upper Folder?

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 15:13:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The words "Upper Folder" appear at the top of the contents for each folder, apart from the main folder where all the one off recordings are stored. It is not a folder in its own right but an option you can select to go back to the level where the current folder is stored. If you select it the option "Upper Folder" and press OK it has the same result as if you had pressed 'BACK' on the remote.
    Some people referred to this as going up a folder level, thus the name of the option ("Upper Folder") and the picture of a folder with an error going upwards and to the left.

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 15:42:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Question for you PorcupineHF.
    Is what is happening that you see a folder with the name of the programme you want to watch and then when you open it you just see the "Upper Folder" option but there are no programmes listed?

If that is the case then either the programme did not record, someone has deleted it, or someone has deliberately moved it to another folder.
    When viewing the contents of a folder if that folder is empty then all you will get displayed is the option to go back out of the folder i.e. "Upper Folder".

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 15:52:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

PorcupineHF

Oh, I wrote a long reply trying to explain further - but it has gone - perhaps its in the Upper Folder? It seems to be when I am watching a recorded programme, then decide to stop that and watch a programme that is currently being recorded. I can't access that programme but, instead, see a long list of other programmes. I assumed the currently recording must be in the Upper Folder (which I had never understood) and which I was unable to access. Does that make any sense?

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 19:49:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

PorcupineHF - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Does that make any sense?

Not to me.

When a series is recorded the programmes are placed in a folder which the HDR gives the same name as the first programme of the series that you are recording. If you record a programme that is not part of a series then the recording will go into the upper most folder.

Does that make any sense to you?

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 20:20:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Yes if you record multiple programmes in the same series it puts it in the folder.

I find it a bit annoying to be honest as I prefer to see the recordings listed individually in the main menu. I recorded 3 indie music programmes in one night and it put them in a folder because they are part of a series.

Then one time I must have hit record all programmes in the series by mistake when just making a casual throwaway recording

The opt+ key is your friend when you have an empty folder that needs deleting

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 21:29:40 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.