My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Adding 10 mins before and after recordings

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elsa

Hi, sorry but a very basic query...How do I give my recordings 10 minutes either side? I set it up 2 years ago but it doesn't seem to do it now and I've forgotten how to do it. I've been losing the last few minutes of some programmes. My model is the HDR 1800T. Many thanks.

| Sun 26 Jan 2020 22:20:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Be careful If you do this using a large end padding of this size is likely to mean you lose up to 10 mins of any follow up recording on the same channel.

Initially post the channel, recording date and the programme date of a affected programme. This is likely be down to a broadcaster issue.

You can also set a manual recording reservation with your own built in padding and a suitable repeat pattern.

Basically from the menus you change the recording time end from auto to +10 minutes.

Doing so overides the broadcaster capability to stop one recording and start another when recording from the same channel. Provided you do not have a follow up recording on the same channel and do not have a recording on another channel that requires a second tuner it will likely work OK. If you do are likely to create more problems.

Best to try and resolve why you are getting the problem in the first place.

| Sun 26 Jan 2020 22:52:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

If you really want to set the padding as you say -
    Press Menu on the remote, then goto Settings/Preferences/Recordings. Scroll down to Start Padding and find 10 Minutes, ditto for End Padding.
    I always use padding - but not the extreme values you use. I find that Accurate Recording is no use on the minor channels - the ones I use the most! The general opinion is that it works properly on the main 5 channels.

Graham has a point about following recordings on the same channel. If you choose to use padding, you have to be aware of recording back-to-back programmes. You will have to manually adjust the recordings to, perhaps, record both in one recording. For example. If I wanted to record BBC1 tonight - Silent Witness at 9pm and News at 10, I would select Silent Witness from the EPG, then go into Schedule and adjust the start and the end time (20.57 to 22.40). Problem is on 1800T/2000T, the programmes would be named as Holby City!

| Tue 28 Jan 2020 12:15:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elsa

Thank you for your help!

| Tue 28 Jan 2020 20:54:00 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.