My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Adding new channels to FVP4000

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rowridgerec

I want to add a couple of channels to our FVP4000 without doing a full automatic retune as in my experience the latter deletes any scheduled recordings set up and we have a lot of these. Our aerial points at Rowridge on the Isle-of-Wight and I have discovered from retuning another TV that Talking pictures TV is on channel 28 and PBS America is on channel 37. When I go to do a manual tune, selecting say channel 28 it seems to be a full channel search then asks me if I want to save the found channels. This seems to me to be the same as doing a full automatic tune and I am nervous about selecting save as I think it will delete the scheduled recordings. I would be very grateful if someone could confirm what will happen if I do select save or how to add channels in another way without deleting the scheduled recordings.
    I have read the manual and it does not go into this level of detail.

Thanks

Peter

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 17:19:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

thegenegenie

Do a smart tune, nothing will be affected as far as scheduled recordings are concerned, it won't delete anything.

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 18:06:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rowridgerec

That worked thanks. Having said that we now have Talking Pictures TV OK though not PBS America even though another TV in the house, using the same aerial, can pick it up.

Peter

| Wed 7 Feb 2018 22:39:23 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PBS America is in COM 8. A lower power Terrestrial Mux not available on all transmitters. Recent changes may have caused issues.

Can you check if you have Forces TV on lcn 96 and can you still watch BBC4-HD on the 4000T and the other TV ?

Can you enter your postcode here and choose the detailed option to help finding which transmitter you are likely to be using ?

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/about_the_coverage_checker

Posting the most likely transmitter will help in sorting out the problem

Problems with COM 7 and COM 8 are widely reported on some transmitters following recent changes.

| Wed 7 Feb 2018 23:30:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rowridgerec

I checked the web-site and it said we should be able to receive it and another retune picked it up so all sorted now.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

| Fri 9 Feb 2018 15:19:21 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.