My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Advice for a newbie

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tigerfan

Hi,
    Just recently got a 1Tb T2 Humax pvr and I love it!
    Just a couple of quick questions;

1) how do I update the software? I've heard about using a dongle but where do I download it from? Or can it be done using my arial?

2) is it possible to copy my recordings onto DVD? If so is there an easy step by step guide anywhere?

Many thanks in advance

Paul

| Sat 5 May 2012 10:45:55 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum.

Firmware is updated in one of two ways.

Automatically overnight from a over the air transmission when there is one transmitted. Along with other jobs the box needs to be in sby overnight.

Manually using a USB pen drive, instructions are on the Humax download site. There is a new beta firmware available

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/software-version-10227-available-to-download-1/page/5#post-6321

If you connect a usb device to your HDR FOX and copy a SD recording to it the encryption will be removed during the copy process resulting in a mpeg2 transport stream file suitable for burning to DVD (the file needs conversion to a programme stream format .mpg).

To create a DVD you need some sort of DVD authoring package.

DVDflick is free but very slow.

VideoredoTVsuite isn't free but it's fast and user friendly

You can download a trial version of the latter if you want to give it a whirl

| Sat 5 May 2012 12:14:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tigerfan

Many thanks for your help Graham!

One more question if I may? I have connected it to my network and can get my photos/videos/ music but I've now added an album to my music, but when I go back to the Humax network it doesn't show up? Do I have to refresh anything for it to show?

| Sun 6 May 2012 13:12:25 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.