My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Advice on dead Humax

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianrookb

Hi
    Complete newbie.

I have a Humax unit which is branded BT. Been a lovely piece of kit, until it stopped working. Pulled it out of cabinet and when the power switch on rear is switched to On the Ethernet lights come on, but no PSU fan etc.
    Is this terminal? It's outside of BT warranty.
    The frustrating thing is we have loads of stuff recorded still to watch including whole of Gotham and even worse, Childhoods end.
    If it's dead then can I pull the files off the HDD and play on some other media device. I'm very happy building up and stripping down PC's.
    Perhaps one of the admins can drop this post onto the correct section of the forum.
    Thanks
    Ian

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 12:52:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

As you have mentioned a fan, an internal PSU and that it is out of warranty that rules out the DTR-T4000, DTR-T2100 and DTR-T2110, but it may help if you would be specific about the model, when asking for help with something.

Knowing the model would also help you post in a more useful place on this site.

Its a bit cheeky of you not looking first, the clue that you haven't looked very hard being that you haven't checked what model you own.

It has been discussed elsewhere
    https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/can-i-copy-recordings-from-dtr-t2000.5749/
    This has probably been discussed before on this site but I'll let you look!

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 13:14:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianrookb

Hi
    Sorry, wasn't intentionally being cheeky. It's just that there is no easy way that I could see to cross reference the BT part code to the Humax. Or is there?

Also the one thing my research did highlight was a piece of software called HumaxRW that seems to have disappeared from the Internet.

Cheers

Ian

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 13:33:43 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

There is no need to apologise, posts can soon/easily be moved to the correct area if deemed necessary by one of the admins.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 14:37:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianrookb

Hi Barry

Thanks.

Have checked and it's the DTR1000.

Is this HumaxRW software available to read the contents of the hard disk? I think some of the stuff is SD rather than HD format.

Thanks

Ian

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:04:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ianrookb - 1 minute ago  » 
    Have checked and it's the DTR1000.
    Is this HumaxRW software available to read the contents of the hard disk?

Humaxrw will not work on a DTR100.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 15:06:24 #6 |
  7. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

If you look at the link posted by Luke in post #2, you have a couple of options. If you have access to a Linux PC you can copy the TS files from the recording partition. If you have a Windows PC you can either create a bootable CD or USB drive running Ubuntu or another suitable Linux variant, boot into the Linux based OS and copy the recordings with the file manager. Or you can use a utility (see the link in post #2) to mount the XFS partition under Windows. Only the standard def. recordings are playable, the high def. ones are encrypted.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 16:19:52 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.