My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Advice on what HDD to upgrade to?

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

Hi everybody, i have just picked up a HDR from a m8 for a few quid and wanted to upgrade the HDD in the near future (within a month) I have a couple of old 9200T's and upgrade them from 160GB to 500GB with a pipeline drives and never had an issue, I have only ever used Seagate drive for PVR's and was wondering should i stick with pipelines or move to the WD brand, as a rule i use WD blacks in the PC but i know PVR's are a different ball game.
    I have been looking at Seagate's drives here HERE and they seem to change manf code when we move from the older "CS" drives to the newer "02" drives does anyone know what the difference is between the 2?

I can pick up a 1.5TB pipeline (ST1500VM002) for about £60 which seems a fair price to me given todays market prices but don't know if it's ok to go above 1TB, i have read here about formatting in ext3 format whcih i have no issues working with but wondering if i'm missing something given i'm new to this box.

Right now it's box standard with 320GB (ST3320310CS) drive with latest firmware updates, at a later date (closer to crimbo) I will be hooking it up to router and installing the custom firmware but i have to do alot more reading on that before i go any further.

All1

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 13:56:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

Just been doing some more digging and it seems more cache and faster SATA are some of the difference also it seems the 1.5TB is the best of the bunch when comepared to this pdf file HERE

Any advice welcome.

All1

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 14:05:17 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.