My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Aerial cabling?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gnf

OK new here so please excuse my dumb question. Seen the PVR in Currys but all boxed and tied up, no hands on units available.

Had a quick look through some other forums and saw a reference in a different section to needing two cables, so here's my question.

I'm thinking of getting the FVP-4000T. I currently have a Toppy with one RF feed from the aerial socket on the wall. I don't have a brilliant signal so a splitter (unpowered) would not work. As some of you might know, for the Toppy I currently have a short loop-through RF cable from T1 to T2.

How is the FVP-4000T wired, will I need to buy any more cables?

(Don't need to know about how to wire the Ethernet.)

Thanks.

| Wed 14 Oct 2015 16:40:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just loop the T2 out on the Toppy to the FVP-4000T rf in and connect the rf out to your TV. Turn off power saving in sby to enable rf loopthrough in sby.

Welcome to our forum.

| Wed 14 Oct 2015 16:51:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gnf

Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't thinking of keeping the Toppy in the loop (excuse the pun) but it is clearly as simple as I hoped it would be..

Thanks again.

| Wed 14 Oct 2015 17:17:38 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gnf - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't thinking of keeping the Toppy in the loop (excuse the pun) but it is clearly as simple as I hoped it would be..
    Thanks again.

You are welcome. The two cables comment refers to twin tuner satellite pvrs. Unlike an aerial you need a separate cable back to the dish for each tuner.

| Wed 14 Oct 2015 17:22:07 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.