My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Aerial power on or off?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tractor

I recently purchased a HDR Fox2 as an upgrade to the Humax 9300 which has been trouble free for two years. Don't think the HD aspect is worth it, but that's another question. My question is to do with Aerial power. All has worked well since the Olympics but not now. I have a good new Aerial which points vaguely in the direction of the Wrekin which is about 8 miles away, sadly we live in a dip and with the run up to switchover and reduced power a near masthead powered spitter was fitted in the loft. The splitter serves the bedroom which has another TV and our original Humax 9200 which is still going strong. Each TV and each Humax box has the capability to have the 5 volt power switched on or off. Initially all worked well with all in the off, save the TV in the bedroom. Now we have lost all but channel 1 & 2 downstairs and upstairs Humax OK but TV noisy. I have tried the permutations of all equipment power off, all power on some off some on, but not getting anywhere fast, failed to find a direct answer on the forums, so have posted this in the hope of assistance please.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 20:33:43 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Does your "near masthead powered splitter" have its own power supply? If so no power is required from any other source so all Aerial Power settings should be off. If your splitter needs powering externally then look in its manual for details.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 21:27:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tractor

Thank you Biggles for your prompt response. The near masthead splitter has no power supply other than the power provided by the attached equipment, 2 x TVs and 2 x Humax PVRs. Each one has the ability to be on or off, one would imagine that if each was on it still would be 5 volts not 4 x 5 volts, or does it not work like that?

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 22:07:43 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Not knowing anything about the splitter in question but I would guess that if it needs powering from connected equipment then that power would come from only one of the downleads, you should consult the splitter manual to check this out. You are right, the resultant voltage would not be 4 x 5 volt, it would be 5 volts but you do not connect power supplies in parallel, I doubt the splitter would allow this anyway.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 23:47:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

moosey

Assuming that each Humax is in the aerial feed between the TV and powered splitter, then the aerial power in each TV should be OFF. You only need one of the Hummy's to be set to aerial power ON.

You say it has worked in the past, so you need to see what has changed. As both rooms are affected then its either the powered splitter, the aerial, or the cable between these two.

Can you bypass the powered splitter to feed just one room - that might help diagnose whether the problem is with the splitter or higher up.

Good luck,
    Peter

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 12:22:55 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.