My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Aerial to use.

(4 posts)
  1. jpv1960

jpv1960

Any advice on the best (High Gain, High quality) TV aerial to use for freeview and youview channels?

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 17:05:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jpv1960 - 3 mins ago  » 
    Any advice on the best (High Gain, High quality) TV aerial to use for freeview and youview channels?

Without knowing your location and transmitter you want to use impossible to say.

Why high gain ? Since DSO power increases a lower gain aerial may be the best option.

Justin the owner of ATV aerials is the fount of knowledge on all things aerials, spliiters diplexers and amplifiers.

https://www.aerialsandtv.com/knowledge/aerials/atvs-choice-of-tv-aerials-and-why-we-chose-them

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 17:12:01 #2 |
  3. jpv1960

jpv1960

grahamlthompson
    Without knowing your location and transmitter you want to use impossible to say.
    Why high gain ? Since DSO power increases a lower gain aerial may be the best option.

Thanks for the link Graham. I live in Harrogate. As I currently use a TV Signal booster, I thought a high gain would be better.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 18:23:53 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jpv1960 - 1 min ago  » 

grahamlthompson

Thanks for the link Graham. I live in Harrogate. As I currently use a TV Signal booster, I thought a high gain would be better.

You might be in a particulary difficult location. Trees close up in the transmitter direction can be a real problem.

I would imagine Emley Moor would be your best transmitter.

Try your postcode here

http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?.

This should give compass bearings for possible transmitters. A weaker one may be better if not obstructed by landscape or trees. It should also state aerial group required.

If you are going to buy an aerial from ATV Justin will advise.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 18:37:38 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.