My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

After Factory reset problems with quad lnb

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sampaguita

Hi, I have a quad LNB which uses two feeds to my main RX Foxsat HDR and the other two feeds go to guest rooms each with an old single feed Skybox.
    They all worked OK until I made a factory reset to the Foxsat and retuned all the Freesat channels. Foxsat works fine but now the two other RX are showing a message that no signal is being received.
    I plugged them into the Foxsat feeds and they work, so it is not a problem with the receivers and I assume it must be a problem with the LNB settings.
    Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this problem. I could get a new LNB, but my gut feeling is that the old is OK.
    Any ideas are appreciated.

| Thu 27 Jul 2023 10:35:55 #1 |
  2. Fixdit

Fixdit

I seem to remember in the Set up Menu you have the option to select cable input type.
    single, 2 cables the same satellite, 2 Cables different, Loop through

You may have to go to the secret menu.
    press Menu
    press Down arrow to Setup
    Press Right Arrow to enter Setup

Now Press RED GREEN YELLOW BLUE then GREEN YELLOW BLUE
    This sequence must be done quickly Too slow and it fails Just try again.
    Hope this may help you.

| Thu 27 Jul 2023 17:54:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hello Sampaguita,

Welcome to the forum. One thing you could check first is the cable connections that you unplugged from your other equipment. You may have accidently loosened the cable from the F Plug connectors. Very easilly done. Worth checking before testing/purchasing a new lnb. To my knowledge, there is no adjustment you can make on the lnb, only realigning the dish & lnb skew.

The cable needs to be twisted very tightly in the F Plug connector. If it is still loose, use some installation tape around the cable end, but not over the end of flex that touchs the metal of connector. Be interested to know if this may solve your problem. John L

| Thu 27 Jul 2023 17:56:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sampaguita

Thank you Fixit, I did select two cables one satellite option. So Foxsat is working fine with two feeds. If I unplug either of these these feeds and connect to the Skybox it works fine, but not when it is plugged into separate room cable.

| Thu 27 Jul 2023 18:56:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sampaguita

Thanks JDfreetime, yes the cable "F" connectors were the first thing that I checked, however they are both in good condition, no sign of any looseness in the fittings.

It is baffling why the auxiliary cable should work one day and not after the Foxsat reset. I thought maybe the Foxsat could have affected the polarization settings, but I think that each LNB feed works independently.

I might try to switch around the cables on the actual LNB and see if that make a difference. I know that replacement LNB's are not expensive, but it irks me as I am sure that the original unit works.

| Thu 27 Jul 2023 19:04:19 #5 |
  6. Fixdit

Fixdit

Can you record a HD program and a SD program at the same time. This will check that
    both tuners are working.

| Thu 27 Jul 2023 19:39:19 #6 |
  7. Fixdit

Fixdit

Can you record a HD program and a SD program at the same time. This will check that
    both tuners are working. sorry finger problem

| Thu 27 Jul 2023 19:43:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sampaguita

Yes I can record both an HD and an SD program simultaneously.

My understanding is that the reason for two tuners is not one to watch HD and one to watch SD but to be able to record programs simultaneously which are on transponders with different polarities. For example if you are recording a program on a transponder with vertical polarisation, the other tuner can tune into horizontal to watch or record.

| Fri 28 Jul 2023 10:25:47 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.