My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Aljazeera English EPG Info Broken

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marius

For two days the EPG info for Aljazeera English on 0235 only shows "To Be Announced" for much of the time on my my 2000T, although I can watch the channel live.

There's a similar complaint here:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2384511/al-jazeera-eng

Any ideas?

| Sun 12 Jul 2020 23:02:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Marius - 20 hours ago  » 
    For two days the EPG info for Aljazeera English on 0235 only shows "To Be Announced" for much of the time on my my 2000T, although I can watch the channel live.
    There's a similar complaint here:
    https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2384511/al-jazeera-eng
    Any ideas?

It's down to the broadcaster to provide the epg data. All Freeview multiplexes carry the full Freeview-epg data in a round robin for all freeview channels.

So if the broadcaster does not provide the data then of course there is no programme information.

It's not a box issue. You should complain to the broadcaster.

However in light of the human rights violations from the middle east channels, perhaps you should ask OFCOM for a comment.

| Mon 13 Jul 2020 19:16:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marius

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

However in light of the human rights violations from the middle east channels, perhaps you should ask OFCOM for a comment.

I got into the AJ habit because they delivered an hour of interesting news from around the world at 1600 every day when all Sky and the BBC could offer was the same imbeciles giving endless COVID-19 "briefings" contradicting everything they'd said the day before.

But the EPG's back to normal now, so thanks!

| Mon 13 Jul 2020 23:44:32 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.