My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

All my TV channels have changed to 5000+

(9 posts)
  1. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

Don't know what I have done but I now cannot get any of my BBC channels, all my radio channels are gone, and the TV is now giving me 10 or more Channel 4, and all kinds of weird other stuff. I know how to delete channels I don't want but all I want is to get back to the channels I had.
    This all happened because I was trying to get back channel 721 for Classic FM. I had 3 radio stations: BBC3, BBC4 and Classic FM. I could hear find on the 1st 2 but on Classic FM the screen said "no or bad signal". It seems that this would not be a cable problem because I could hear the other 2 radio channels.
    I had a new satellite dish fitted a few weeks ago & I wonder if it was something to do with that (although all my other channels were fine).
    And then I did something or another which fouled up everything. Can anyone help please?

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 13:46:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You have done a scan in non freesat mode. You need to switch back to Freesat mode.

On the remote press MENU select SETTINGS press the right button and scroll down to STB mode, use the left / right button to select freesat mode.

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 14:52:25 #2 |
  3. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

THANK YOU!!!! That worked a treat!!! Phew! Still can't get Classic FM on the radio side but gonna leave it alone. Thanks again.

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 15:20:51 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Texan Dan - 1 hour ago  » 
    THANK YOU!!!! That worked a treat!!! Phew! Still can't get Classic FM on the radio side but gonna leave it alone. Thanks again.

Should be on 721. While viewing any channel tap in 721 on the remote control

It's on transponder 11552 H which is a pan europe widebeam transponder. If your dish alignment is a bit off you may have lost this transponder.

Check you have all the following

719 Capital
    720 Capital XTRA
    721 Classic FM
    722 Gold
    723 XFM

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 16:34:35 #4 |
  5. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

It is on 721 and it shows up & the ID bar on the screen shows it is Classic FM but the middle of the screen says "no or bad signal". It is showing the transponder 11552H. All my other radio stations work fine - just this one doesn't work. Any other ideas?

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 17:05:57 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Texan Dan - 32 mins ago  » 
    It is on 721 and it shows up & the ID bar on the screen shows it is Classic FM but the middle of the screen says "no or bad signal". It is showing the transponder 11552H. All my other radio stations work fine - just this one doesn't work. Any other ideas?

How easy is your dish to get at ? Guessing all your other stations aren't OK.

What about the others in my post they should also show the same signal. Did you have a new lnb when you had the new dish fitted ?

719 Capital
    720 Capital XTRA
    722 Gold
    723 XFM

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 17:39:16 #6 |
  7. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

Sorry for delay - had to retune again to get those radio stations back (b/c I had deleted them after 1st retune!).
    I don't get sound on any of the stations you mentioned above - plus there are others that don't have sound:
    730 Planet Rock
    732 Smooth radio
    736 Virgin Radio
    740 TWR
    They all have the "no or bad signal" message too.

Also, the stations that are in between some of these have a really dodgy sound, very choppy & intermittent.

As for the sat dish, it is up on the flat roof. I can get to it but really not sure what I would be looking at. I would guess that there was a new LNB fitted b/c it was a new dish, new cabling and new location.

| Fri 25 Sep 2020 18:10:25 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Texan Dan - 2 mins ago  » 
    Sorry for delay - had to retune again to get those radio stations back (b/c I had deleted them after 1st retune!).
    I don't get sound on any of the stations you mentioned above - plus there are others that don't have sound:
    730 Planet Rock
    732 Smooth radio
    736 Virgin Radio
    740 TWR
    They all have the "no or bad signal" message too.
    Also, the stations that are in between some of these have a really dodgy sound, very choppy & intermittent.
    As for the sat dish, it is up on the flat roof. I can get to it but really not sure what I would be looking at. I would guess that there was a new LNB fitted b/c it was a new dish, new cabling and new location.

If you can get at it easily and have someone to read out the signal quality readings fine tuning the alignment is not that hard. You will have to go into manual tuning and locate the missing transponder.

There are two basic adjustments you need to get spot on.

Azimuth - which is a posh way of saying which way the dish points when adjusted left and right. The dish has a pair of nuts that lock down this adjustment.

Elevation same as above but up and down.

Firstly the group of satellites are 22000mls above the equator (latitude zero) and longitude 28.2E.

At that distance, a tiny error shifts the dish aiming point by many miles.

I will fire up my Foxsat-HDR tomorrow and detail the steps needed.

Basically while someone looks at the box metering you press gently on the dish back left and right middle to move the azimuth slightly. By small adjustments you need to find the point where a press right and left reduces the signal quality. At that point lock down the azimuth bolts.

Repeat for elevation.

There is one other adjustment you can try (focus). Slacken the lnb ring clamp and repeat for tiny movements back and forward.

A spot on alignment greatly helps the dish hang on to the signal under heavy rain conditions.

I will try and post tomorrow the details of how to setup the Foxsat to show the transponder metering.

One point after a adjustment wait for the metering to respond to the change (it's not instantaneous).

On a wide beam transponder depending on the size of your dish you are likely to get a strength of 60-80% but quality of 100%.

| Fri 25 Sep 2020 18:31:42 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Here goes - good luck

Press Menu on the Foxsat remote control.

In settings change the STB mode to non freesat.

Press Exit press Menu again

Move down 3 to setup then right and down one to manual tune - press OK

Click Right on Transponder ALL

Press OK twice and scroll down till 11522 H 2200 5/6 is highlighted

Signal strength and quality is shown at the bottom of the screen.

photo shows mine is 100% Strength 100% Quality

While some one watches the metering.

Press gently on the back left of the middle of the dish to move the aim slightly to your right (More South).

Wait for the metering to respond. If the quality goes down then slacken the direction azimuth nuts. and nudge the dish slightly to the left. If the quality went up then nudge the dish slightly to the right.

Repeat untill you can press on either side and the quality goes down when pressed on either side. You now have accurate azimuth alignment.

Repeat the above pressing top and bottom to get an accurate elevation setting.

Exit from Non Freesat and back to Freesat mode and check you now have the missing channels.

Attachments

1. 11552-H.jpg (105.4 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sat 26 Sep 2020 10:17:31 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.