My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

All of my recordings have gone

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mervyncp

I have an FVP-4000T 2TB.
    All of my recordings have suddenly disappeared.
    The drive is showing as empty.
    Total storage 1863.0GB.
    System usage 0.0GB.
    User usage 0.0GB
    Available 1863.0GB.
    I've set it to do a HDD Test. It's been running about an hour with the triangle going round saying "Processing.... This may take several minutes"
    Any ideas?

| Sun 26 Feb 2023 19:44:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Any ideas/

I vaguely remember something similar happening to me once. I think I tried powering down the Humax (ie. turning off at the plug) leaving the machine for a while and then rebooting. In that case the recordings returned.
    Not sure that I tested the drive at the point of failure, so I'm guessing here. The fact that your disk was showing system usage as zero could suggest that the Humax didn't recognise the disk. (But how did it know the size?).
    An hour seems a long time for an HDD test - unless the test is finding lots of disk/filestore faults. Whether it "repairs" them I doubt. At some point it may be worth powering down and seeing if it recovers. Just a thought, is the disk making any noise whilst the test is in progress? If not there is a chance it isn't doing anything (but why hasn't the test failed?)

| Sun 26 Feb 2023 20:01:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mervyncp

Thank you @EEPhil for your reply. I'm heading towards thinking the HDD is knackered. I pulled the plug on the disc test. Tried to format disc and that failed. Then my list of recordings appeared and the disc usage showed correctly. I could then select a programme but instead of playing I just got a blank screen. Now trying to format disc. Says it's processing but all the disc details are at 0.
    What HDD do these have in them?

| Sun 26 Feb 2023 21:00:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mervyncp

Just to finish this up, Replaced the 2TB Seagate Video 3.5 HDD with a Seagate Sky Hawk.
    It was recognised straight away by the Humax. I formatted it (took a minute or so) and everything is up and running properly again.
    My FVP-4000T was purchased in November 2016, so the original hard drive lasted about 6 years 4 months.
    If the new one lasts as long I'll be happy.

| Sun 5 Mar 2023 13:12:01 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.