My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

alternative file type or output

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

I am trying to see my recorded files on my my Panasonic DMP-BD75 via my network. Sadly it will see the T2 and the files on it but cannot play them as they are in the .ts format. Is there a way I can get the box to save to a different format which the blue ray can read over dlna.
    The Blue ray sees music; dvix and jpgs from the t2 without any problem.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 22:26:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

you're not going to get the box to save in a different format, however the custom firmware opens the box up to plenty of ways of finding a work around.

First I'd check your Humax and Panasonic are on the latest firmware. Secondly I'd find out exactly which files are causing problems. My Samsung BluRay will play SD (standard definition) from my Humax with no problems, but won't touch HD (high definition). My ps3 similarly wouldn't touch HD and was also very picky with SD so sometimes even from a weekly series it would play one episode and not another.

With custom firmware you'll be able to get the files off the Humax or visible to a pc or similar, convert them (trial and error) to a format that the Panasonic is happy with and dump them back on to the Humax.

I personally couldn't be faffing around with that and bought a graded hd-fox-t2 to use as a client in a different location, I'm assuming you want to access the Humax remotely (this is the best solution in my opinion), this gave me freeview HD, the ability to record yet another channel, iplayer and very good control over the hdr-fox-t2 content.

Another alternative is the excellent raspberry pi running the also excellent raspbmc which can be used as a brilliant media player, this with the £2.40 codec licence will play back the SD files and open up a whole new world of online tv/content to you. It's also fun to play with.

This isn't realy helping though if you're looking to keep costs and extra kit to a minimum. In which case, custom firmware and get a pc or similar to change the format either hands on or you could write a simple script to automate some of it. You really do need to check the firmwares first and be 100% sure which files the panasonic will and/or won't accept.

| Thu 28 Feb 2013 0:14:47 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.