My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Alternative HD channel

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

harris77

I understand that if you select eg BBC1 from the EPG, and that programme is available in HD, you get a prompt box offering the alternative channel (BBC1HD ch 50).
    I have just installed my HDR-FOX T2 and, although the 4 HD channels appear in the EPG, if I select BBC1 and there is an HD alternative on ch 50 I do not get the prompt box.
    The ch 50 HD programme info displays the "HD" symbol if you use the i button, but if you use the EPG programme info the "HD" symbol is not displayed.
    I'm fairly certain that I am getting HD channels as the picture is much sharper.
    The software version is 1.02.07, the TV is full HD ready and the transmitter is Lark Stoke (switchover in April 2011).
    I have only just joined this forum.....apologies if this topic has already been discussed.

| Thu 21 Jul 2011 17:02:45 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

I think the HD icon in the now next banner is always there on the HD channels. For the 'Watch in HD' prompt to appear the programme has to be HD, and the broadcaster has to transmit the info, as at the moment with both BBC1 - Torchwood, and BBC2 - History Cold Case.

| Thu 21 Jul 2011 21:16:42 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.