My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Alternative to humaxRW program ?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Daws

I can't get the program humaxRW to run under a 32 bit version of windows 10. I've tried to run under all the compatibility modes ( win xp/7/8 ) without success. When I run the program, all that happens is that the dos screen flashes for 1/10th of a second, so I can only presume it's not win 10 compatible.

I want to try to recover programmes recorded on a humax 2000T that were deleted, so is there an alternative ?

Thanks

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 11:47:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Daws - 4 mins ago  » 
    I want to try to recover programmes recorded on a humax 2000T that were deleted, so is there an alternative ?

Humaxrw is of no use on an HDR-2000T. It is a tool to transfer and in some circumstances recover recordings after file system corruption on the 9200, 9150 and 9300 boxes which use a proprietary file system. The HDR-2000T uses a Linux ext3 file system. My only suggestion is to investigate the various file recovery tools available for Linux; note the problem may well be made more difficult because the recordings are encrypted.

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 11:56:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Daws

Thanks for the info. I suppose it all depends on whether I think the lost programmes are worth all the effort ( probably not ). I suppose it's a good thing that I wasn't the one that deleted them in the first place, otherwise I'd be blaming myself for weeks. Thanks anyway.

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 13:00:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

I've written a post about disk recovery here: HDD recovery

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 17:28:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rocksta - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've written a post about disk recovery here: HDD recovery

I can't see where in the post you mention recovery of deleted recordings?

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 18:40:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

Yes, that was not about deleted recordings, sorry.

What is needed is a Linux LiveCD rescue disk.

That one includes the "Testdisk" utility which can un-delete files from ext2, ext3 & ext4 partitions.

You can find lots of information online about using it, but be careful to ensure you understand it before you start. Restore to a different disk from the one you are un-deleting from.

Testdisk info.

| Wed 28 Oct 2020 23:46:37 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.