My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Annoyances with 1800t

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

manofkent

Having had my 1800T for a couple of years now there are 2 things that we still find really annoying. Firstly, if I turn on from standby whilst it is in process of recording a programme, to watch one already recorded, we get no sound.
    Secondly, a lot of programmes when played back with subtitles selected start getting out of sync with the titles. What happens is that if there is a pause in the spoken dialogue we observe the subtitles still updated to what is going to be said later. This is most prevalent on Ch5 programmes particularly 5usa and 5* (but not exclusively). I have had dialogue with Ch5 several times but they say that they cannot find a fault with their transmission. Anyone offer a solution?

| Thu 14 Dec 2017 16:48:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi

Yep I agree with you about the sound issue which is a real design flaw. It seems there is nothing that can be done about it so we just live with it. I also get a failure to recognise the hard drive functions and sometimes Ive got to boot it three times to work. Its an intermittent problem as it booted first time today from being switched off. Ive just learned to quietly sigh but it never really gets less annoying.

The subtitles issue I dont know about. Perhaps others can advise here
    Best wishes
    Martin

| Thu 14 Dec 2017 19:51:37 #2 |
  3. black knight

black knight

special member

The 1800T & 2000T are awful bits of kit and Humax has no interest in fixing them. I stopped using mine as all the problems got too frustrating to put up with.

Instead I've got an old HD Fox T2 which despite being single tuner, still manages to record and playback everything flawlessly. It's hard to understand how Humax managed to balls things up so badly with the 1800/2000T, and then have the gall to not even bother trying to fix them.

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 16:26:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

manofkent

Oddly enough my 7yr old PVR-9300t still works fine, it is not HD so cannot tune to some freeview channels. Maybe in the new year we'll go for a replacement for the 1800T. Suggestions?

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 16:40:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

manofkent - 16 hours ago  » 
    Oddly enough my 7yr old PVR-9300t still works fine, it is not HD so cannot tune to some freeview channels. Maybe in the new year we'll go for a replacement for the 1800T. Suggestions?

Yep we will be more aware next time and I plan to have a proper look at what Panasonic and Samsung have to compare with Humax.

I has always been brand loyal to Humax but I think they know that the 1800T/2000T isnt all it should be.

I even had to complain first off because there seem to be plenty of them returned and the chain store had bunged a tatty unit in a tatty box and tried to pass it off as new sealed. Suspicious I opened it in the store to find no packaging inside and I was very annoyed. That should have been an omen and I didnt want to face returning to that shop again so kept the new unit that they gave me.

What niggles me the most is that I would have spent more but thought £150 would be enough not to experience the drive noise and lack of sound flaws

To be fair it records very well when it works and has a nice picture...its just got too many issues for full customer satisfaction.

Im just trying to get my moneys worth out of it after doing a diy project on the noise. In a while it wont owe me anything and I will be ready to look for a new PVR as part of a change to a 4k telly

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 9:36:49 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.