My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Annoying issue - fixable?

(5 posts)
  1. Adendum

Adendum

Hi,

What a great forum! Glad I stumbled on this one!

OK, I have a small but increasingly annoying issue with my BT supplied Humax DTR-T1000 YouView box. Well, two actually...

[a] When viewing a recorded programme and using either the fast forward button or the one above it that fast forwards in bigger chunks the programme often (not always) will carry on skipping through the programme and I can't stop it unless I power off the box. Then I have to power on, go back into the MyView>Recorded, locate the programme, 'rewind' to roughly the position I want and try again. A pain...but it seems to be getting worse - meaning more frequent.

[b] Every so often the box seems to not want to respond to remote buttons except for the power off button. So you can press a button and nothing happens, so you try again and maybe again or try a different button and then 20-30 seconds later all button presses seem to happen one after the other. This also appears to becoming a more frequent issue and happens every two-three days now and requires a complete shut down from the wall plug, so the system re-boots.

Any suggestions?

| Mon 11 Mar 2013 18:14:44 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

a) Known bug. Fix waiting to be released.

| Mon 11 Mar 2013 18:20:53 #2 |
  3. Adendum

Adendum

Thanks. So I just have to wait for a firmware updates to be automatically downloaded to the box.

Any takes on item [b] ?

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 15:13:13 #3 |
  4. nigelmercier

nigelmercier

Adendum - 6 days ago  » 
    Any takes on item [b] ?

I have had to depower mine two or three times now. It just seems to stop responding, normally when I start to play a recording. It it could be that I'm pressing again, as it is often slow to respond to the play command.

| Tue 19 Mar 2013 10:35:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Thack

Ah! About your item b/. Mine does the very same thing, just occasionally.

In my case it seems to happen after I've finished watching a recording, press the Del key to delete it, and then move the highlight up or down to the next recording I want to watch. Somewhere in that simple sequence it triggers the fault.

Like you, it simply fails to respond to any remote key presses at all, but if I wait long enough (30s to a minute, maybe) it suddenly comes to life again. The remote commands seem to be buffered because, as you say, it then does all the commands at high speed.

I'm certain this is a subtle software bug.

Thack

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 15:08:24 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.